1987 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible
Coupe Car for sale in Piedmont, South Carolina 29673
Piedmont, SC 29673
Zee Whole Story...
With all the hoopla surrounding the new Camaro 1LE, let's look back at the original.
Classic Car Overview
1987 Camaro IROC Convertible 5-speed, 67,800 miles
There were 744 Z-28 Convertibles made in 1987
Around 7% of the Z-28's had the IROC package (around 47 total)
Around 17% of Z-28's had 5-speeds
Do the math - Most people agree there were less than 50 IROC Convertibles, with a 5 Speed in '87.
I purchased the car about 6 years ago, and just now restored it. The guy I got it from bought it in 2005 and stored it in a warehouse until I purchased it. He told me he bought it from the original owner who was a Chevrolet dealer in Ohio, and that the car was never registered until the early 90's since it was in a dealers inventory.
- Completely repainted, all trim, doors, hood, trunk, bumpers, etc removed and painted, then put back on car. Body was rust free with a few dents. I did not paint the engine compartment, and factory paint/primer is visible.
- All New decals from GM
- Engine - New injectors, Plugs, wires, cap, Coolant flush, t-stat, rear main seal
- Transmission - New Clutch, TO bearing, New Flywheel, Idler Arm
- New Tires, BFG
- Exhaust- Original to car, very tight and quite
- Brakes - gone through, new pads, turned rotors, rebuilt rear drums with shoes, seals
- Frame is SOLID with factory undercoat still in excellent shape. There is one small metal bumper support that has some rust on it, that's about it. It looks like a 34 year old underside that was very well taken care of, and not driven in bad weather.
- Interior is mostly original. I replaced the carpet, shifter boot, and window seals. Everything else is factory, and was in extemely good shape for its age. Its not brand new, but you can not get the correct door panels and embroidered seat covers, so replacing is not an option if you want a 100% factory car.
- Radio and speakers are factory and work great
- Convertible top is new and I had the top build custom to factory specs. It has correct window and white stitching, which all ASC convertibles had on black tops.
- All gauges and buttons work good
All in all the car is a 9-9.5/10. This is considered a benchmark car because of its original condition. I have all the pictures before the paint, showing the 100% original nature of the car. Please call or text if you are a buyer and ready to purchase the car if it meets you expectation. No Trades
Vehicle History Report
Classic Car ID101630206
CategoryMuscle & Pony Cars
Classic Car Buyer's Tools
Immediately receive a quote to get your new classic car delivered right to your driveway from Autotrader’s trusted Classic Transport Partner ShipYourCarNow. Click Now!
J.J. BEST BANC & CO., 800.USA.1965 is the largest lender of its type in the country -- providing financing for collector cars, boats and aircrafts. J.J. Best offers low rates, long terms, and no prepayment penalties. Visit our website at www.jjbest.com or call 800.USA.1965 to receive an quick approval. Need to refinance or insurance? We can help you with that too! Click here
For the latest and most reliable Classic and Collectible Car prices, values, production numbers and local car clubs, always trust NADAguides.com. Get more info
J.J. Best Insurance Agency, 888.423.7846, a premier and independent insurance provider specializing in collector car insurance. J.J. Best Insurance Agency partners with the oldest and largest collector car financier, J.J. BEST BANC & CO. Call or email, firstname.lastname@example.org or, visit www.jjbestinsurance.com to get insurance for your dream car! Get Quotes Now