1986 Volkswagen Vanagon
Van Car for sale in Scottsdale, Arizona 85260
If you're a fan of vintage Japanese cars, be sure to check out Nissan's online heritage site. There are tons of vintage Nissan pics and specs going all the way back to the 1920s. Each featured car or truck has relevant specs and a little "detail" tab that gives some background on that specific car.
The Volkswagen Kombi van reached iconic status, with even a school lunch box fashioned in its image. During those early years, the Volkswagen Microbus morphed into various forms. From a cargo carrier with no windows behind the driver's seat to a windowed passenger van with three rows of seats, the possibilities seemed endless.
Classic Car Overview
1986 VW VANAGON SYNCRO ADVENTUREWAGEN CAMPER - GREAT CONDITION! FULL CUSTOM HIGH ROOF CAMPER
1986 Vanagon Syncro High Roof Camper, full custom, 96,697 actual miles, 7500 miles on 3-year buildout.
Loved Driving this AdventureWagen around! We bought it from the guy who custom built the van. He sold due to personal reasons. We had so much fun but we are moving and cannot take it with us. Perfect condition! We added some custom details to it as well. Newly rhino painted lower quarter, New front seats, w/ swivel passenger, New Subaru engine snorkel, and New dashboard!!!!
Subaru 2.2 KEP, Steedle Trans, SmallCar 2”
springs and disc brakes and dash AC, OME shocks, poly bushings, sport exhaust,
rear locker, granny low gear. Propane tank, Propex heater w/thermostat, sink,
fresh water, grey water, kitchen cabinets, huge overhead storage. RM bumpers
and swing-away carriers. Undercoated, soundproofed doors and panels and floors
and engine bay. SA grill and high intensity headlights. Custom striping, 12”
lower fascia rubberized coating for protection, 4 German OEM mud flaps. Truck
mirrors. Many custom upgrades.
- 15’ long, 6.5’ wide, under 9’ high.
- 96.697 Actual Miles.
- 2.2 engine swap. 9500 miles on machine shop rebuild, installed with Kennedy Engineering Adapters. (California, 50-state legal)
- SmallCar Dash AC with Subaru compressor.
- Matt Steedle transmission.
- AdventureWagen High Roof.
- Global Travel Set-Up.
- AdventureWagen roof, 6’3” inside, custom skylight and integrated 3-speed 2-way fan.
- AdventureWagen interior modified to smaller lighter footprint, sink, electric pump, fresh water tank, grey water tank, drawers, shelves, popup table, and queen bed.
New 1500 miles ago:
- Matt Steedle Transmission Rebuild.
- True Blue VW Rear Locker Module.
- Shift Linkage Front to Back.
- Balanced Drive Shaft.
- Worm Gear Starter.
- Clutch Slave Cylinder.
- Throw-out Bearing.
- Pressure Plate.
- Clutch Disc.
- Speedometer Cable.
New 9500 miles ago:
- Stainless steel performance exhaust and muffler.
- Adjustable Truck Mirrors.
- Window Seals.
- Front and Rear Bumpers from Rocky Mountain Westy.
- Swing-Away Tray Carrier on passenger side.
- Swing-Away Tire Carrier on driver side.
Total Suspension Upgrade:
- SmallCar 2” Springs.
- Old Man Emu Shocks.
- Suspension Poly Bushings.
- Ball Joints and Tie Rod Ends.
- Power Steering Rack with 2 horizontal stabilizers.
- BFG K2 All-Terrain Tires 16R.
- 16" Carat Polished Alloy Wheels.
- BFG K2 + Black Steel Wheel Spare Tire
Brake system + master cylinder:
- SmallCar Front Big Disc Brakes.
- SmallCar Rear Big Disc Brakes.
- South African 4 Headlight System. South African Grill.
- Interior upholstery.
- Swivel Seat + Bushings - passenger side.
- VDO Temperature Gauge.
- Fantastic Fan and Custom Skylight.
- Headliner, ABS Panels.
- Carpet and Rubber Floor Liner.
- Floor and Deck Insulation.
- Dynamat Sound Insulation to interior panels and doors.
- RockWool Insulation for acoustic and temperature insulation.
- Kitchen featuring sink, water tank, countertop, shelves, and storage.
- House Battery, for 2-battery system. Powers all internal lighting, accessories.
- 12v Adapter for fridge or appliances, to house battery.
- USB fast charger in-dash.
- Propex Heater under rear seat, with wall Thermostat.
- Propane Tank with Regulator and Plumbing.
Asking: $68K Or Best Offer!
If interested the Van is in Sedona, Arizona but willing to meet in Phoenix, Arizona
Vehicle History Report
Classic Car ID101622609
ConditionThe overall condition of the van is great! Runs good, sound, fun to drive and very comfortable!
Drivetrain4 wheel drive
Transmission4 Speed Manual
Custom Colorwith striping
Classic Car Buyer's Tools
Immediately receive a quote to get your new classic car delivered right to your driveway from Autotrader’s trusted Classic Transport Partner ShipYourCarNow. Click Now!
JJ BEST BANC & CO, the leader in classic and collector car financing. Long terms, low rates, quick and easy approvals. J.J. Best offers financing for classic and collector vehicles from antique to modern. Let us help you drive your dream car today! Click or call 1-800-872-1965 to apply now! Click here
For the latest and most reliable Classic and Collectible Car prices, values, production numbers and local car clubs, always trust NADAguides.com. Get more info
Considering buying a new classic? Get a quote before you buy. Agreed value, lowest rates. Go with Grundy Insurance, www.Grundy.com or 888-647-8636 Get Quotes Now