1986 Jeep CJ 7
Arlington, VA 22205
From around 1956 until the mid 1980s, Dodge, Plymouth and even Chrysler squads were the most ubiquitous police cars in North America. In fact, the biggest department, the NYPD, used Plymouth and Dodge squads almost exclusively until the rear-drive M body car was finally axed in 1989.
The no-frills Savoy two-door sedan was home to another engine of considerable repute, the infamous 413 Max Wedge, a Super Stock monster block Chrysler introduced in the spring of 1962.
Classic Car Overview
1986 CJ-7 Full Frame Off Restoration
Garage kept, driven on weekends, rarely ever in the rain. Would consider it more of a show Jeep. Has been a 3rd car for the family that rarely gets used. Unfortunately, dont drive it enough to justify keeping it dont want to let it go, but would rather see someone get more use out of it. Details:
- 1986 CJ-7 taken down to the frame. The frame and pretty much everything underneath has been painted or powder coated.
- Hardtop and hard side doors. Extended bikini top included. Will consider including the hardtop storage cart with sale.
- Stock undercarriage with Dana 30 Front, Dana 20 Rear, Borg Warner T-4 Manual Transmission and Dana 300 Transfer Case. 3.5 gears running on 33x10.00R17 BF Goodrich Mud Terrain T/T KM2 tires and 17 x 9, 5 (x5.5 bolt pattern)
- ProComp lift kit with new shocks.
- Disc brakes in front, braided brake lines, leather front and rear seats from a newer Wrangler with Jeep stitched into them. New carpet, new gauges, headlights, taillights, gas tank, sending unit, rear gate rubber seals.
- 355 ci Chevy engine built by the late Dale Earnhardt Seniors Director of Engine Development, James Spenny Clendenen.
- Retrosound stereo with Bluetooth and 1,200 watt power amplifier, under-seat subwoofer and soundbar installed.
- Family roll bar
- The Jeep has side pipes, sounds great and has a clean look. The prior owner (who purchased from Spenny) placed 2nd in the local NoVA Classic Jeep category. Unfortunately, he understandably kept the trophy.
- Purchased in summer of 2014 have put under 2,000 miles on it since. Estimated total miles driven since restoration are under 8,000.
Vehicle History Report
Classic Car ID100997079
Classic Car Buyer's Tools
Get THE LOWEST MONTHLY PAYMENTS! We are a nationwide collector car finance company with over a decade of experience serving our clients. Give us a call today at (800) 717-5180 Apply now
For the latest and most reliable Classic and Collectible Car prices, values, production numbers and local car clubs, always trust NADAguides.com. Get more info