1986 GMC Custom
Call for Price
Following in the tradition of previous Ford factory built Mustang race cars like the 1968 Cobra Jet, the Boss 429 and the FR500S Mustang Challenge car, Ford Racing and AAI started work on a production run of 50 Cobra Jet Mustangs in January 2010. Ford Racing built 50 Cobra Jet Mustangs at Ford vendor facilities.
One thing that the crew at Volo Auto Museum understands is that context is everything. They have gone the extra mile to display each movie car with memorabilia and signage that brings the scene to life. The museum features actual movie props such as Tom Cruise's racing seat from Days Of Thunder.
Classic Car Overview
* Custom built Todd Gillete 1986 GMC CK/1500 Custom Show Truck appearing as a Chevrolet C 10
* New Chevrolet 383 Stroker Engine making over 500 HP!
* New performance built 4L60 automatic transmission equipped with a 3000 RPM stall converter
* New Holley Sniper EFI installed and professionally tuned by Leading Edge Automotive
* Full length Hedman ceramic coated Headers with Flowmaster mufflers and custom rear exiting exhaust
* Stunning Show Quality BASF Black over Violet Pearl making the Black finish ''flip'' in the light to a violet and purple tone - 25,000.00 Five Years Ago
* New 20'' custom staggered US Mags with 11.5'' Wide Tires
* Factory air conditioning blowing cold to keep you cool
* New custom sound system featuring a Kenwood blue tooth head unit and 4 new Pioneer speakers that feature a Polk Audio powered subwoofer located behind the seat makes you ready to rock!
* New Dakota Digital VHX gauges
* Custom brushed billet trimmed interior accessories add that modern look and appearance to this beautiful interior
* Shaved door handles with new remote entry fobs and manual overrides located in the front fender ensure you'll be safe to enter at any time
* Bed Rug brand carpeted bed with new vinyl bedcover secured by the aluminum frame
* New mini spool locker rear end for added traction
* Drop spindles with 2 lowered stance
Flashy muscle cars are fun and polished customs are nice, but there's really nothing cooler than a well-done truck. No gimmicks, no frills and no posturing: just power and presence -- LOTS of presence. This exceptionally clean C10 is a traditional stunner that mixes 383 cubic inches of Chevrolet V8 with a proven driveline, sinister aesthetics and a detailed, frame up restoration. And if you're looking for a cool classic that's both road ready and show-ready, it's the perfect way to cruise the scene and turn some heads!
WHAT COLOR IS IT?
Sorted, solid and ready to roll, this sweet Action Line C10 is the beneficiary of a 3-year thorough restoration that presents itself with a bit of mystery. Look at it one way and in the shade and this stunner appears black. Look at it from a different angle and youll be presented with the underlying violet and purple metallic hue making you wonder what color is this truck! That reboot makes excellent use of deep black multi-stage BASF custom show paint. Wet sanded and buffed to perfection, onlookers will stop you at traffic lights and ask you what color is your truck?.
THERE'S NOTHING MORE CHEVY THAN A BUFF SMALL BLOCK!
Raise the hood and youll find 383 cubic inches of raucous Chevrolet small block built to make 500 HP! At that top of that iron mill, a trick bowtie spinner cinches a polished air cleaner with a Holley Sniper fuel system underneath. At the back of that intake, a hot MSD distributor swirls sparks around attractive polished valve covers. Beneath this array of fuel system supply, youll find the aluminum headed 383 funneling spent gases through Headman coated headers. Youll also find an array of neatly chromed accessories and a highly detailed engine bay.
RESTORED TO BE BETTER
Look to the bottom side and youll find a solid frame lightly undercoated that compliments 2-inch drop spindles with familiar lowering blocks. The 383's power flows through a dressed newly built 4L60 4-speed automatic transmission thats ready for highway cruising at a low RPM. Turns come courtesy of fluid power steering while stops come courtesy of a brake booster which jolts two calipers and two drums. The custom exhaust funnels spent gases through throaty Flowmaster mufflers and polished stainless tips. And everything rolls on new US mags featuring 10.5 rims and 11.5 tires.
CUSTOM IS BETTER
Between the doors, the bowtie-branded stock seat has been tastefully paired with premium carpet. A billet-trimmed dash hangs a new Dakota Digital VHX gauge set that makes this truck provide accurate and reliable information to its pilot. The factory air conditioning and stylish Lokar shifter gives this interior even a bit more "pop". A new Kenwood, Pioneer, and Polk Audio stereo system thats ready to play your favorite tunes has been professionally installed and sounds awesome!
When it comes to performance, durability and sheer Americana, nothing beats an old school GM workhorse. Thanks to a high-quality restoration and a paint job that spared no expense this sweet GMC/C10 wraps a hot drivetrain in a capable chassis and crisp aesthetics. Ready to stand out from the crowd? Give us a call to see this marvelous creation!
Visit Precious Metal Classic Car Sales online at www.pmclassiccars.com to see more pictures of this vehicle or call us at 574-276-1326 today to schedule your test drive.
- Classic Car ID101893696
- Stock Number10030
- CategoryHot Rods & Customs
- Body StyleTruck
- Mileage1,400 miles
- Engine8 Cylinder
- Drivetrain2 wheel drive - rear
- SuspensionCustom Modified for Performance
- Transmission4 Speed Automatic w/ Overdrive
- Custom ColorBASF Black over Violet and Purple Flip - 25K Show Finish
- Interior ColorBlack
- Seat ColorBlack
Classic Car Buyer's Tools
Immediately receive a quote to get your new classic car delivered right to your driveway from Autotrader’s trusted Classic Transport Partner ShipYourCarNow. Click Now!
Get THE LOWEST MONTHLY PAYMENTS! We are a nationwide collector car finance company with over a decade of experience serving our clients. Give us a call today at (800) 717-5180 Apply now
For the latest and most reliable Classic and Collectible Car prices, values, production numbers and local car clubs, always trust NADAguides.com. Get more info
J.J. Best Insurance Agency, 888.423.7846, a premier and independent insurance provider specializing in collector car insurance. J.J. Best Insurance Agency partners with the oldest and largest collector car financier, J.J. BEST BANC & CO. Call or email, firstname.lastname@example.org or, visit www.jjbestinsurance.com to get insurance for your dream car! Get Quotes Now