1983 Datsun 280ZX
Hatchback Car for sale in Dublin, Ohio 43016
If you like vintage Japanese cars, you'll want to check out Nissan's heritage site.
Classic Car Buyer's Tools
For the latest and most reliable Classic and Collectible Car prices, values, production numbers and local car clubs, always trust NADAguides.com.Get more info ›
Get THE LOWEST MONTHLY PAYMENTS! We are a nationwide collector car finance company with over a decade of experience serving our clients. Give us a call today at (800) 717-5180Apply now ›
Classic Car Overview
1983 Datsun 280ZX $25,500
***UPDATE: lowered the price by $1000 so the new buyer can pay a body shop to have the rear wing removed. I agree that it takes away from this beautiful car!***
Simply stated, this car is a time capsule. Less than 30,000 miles on the odometer, and you can tell as soon as you look at it. Drives perfect, starts up immediately. Completely unrestored - original everything. Beautiful graphite gray exterior with a light grey leather interior. The 240s and 260s have skyrocketed in value, and the 280s are next. I'd keep it and let it appreciate, but I'm out of room!
- This is the LAST year for the Datsun, the next year they were all Nissans
- This is the LAST year for the 280zx
- Turbo - when it kicks in you can really feel it!
- I purchased from the guy that owned the car since 1984 - he bought it when it was 1 year old with 2500 miles on it. He changed the oil, filters and plugs every year regardless of miles.
- Car was stored year-round in a garage - never seen rain or snow
- Virtually no rust (one small spot - see below). Most of the Zs you'll find have major rust problems. Not this one.
Specific features (pretty sure the car has every option available in that year):
- 5 speed manual transmission
- T-tops - seals are perfect. The previous owner claims that I was the first person to open them since 1984.
- Leather seats
- Voice prompts ("door is open")
- cruise control
- power windows/doors
- heated mirrors
- power mirrors
- digital dash
- front air dam, rear wing and headlight covers were dealer installed
The only "bad" things:
- Did not come with the original floor mats - I purchased some aftermarket ones that match almost perfectly
- The radio antenna (motorized) does not extend fully. I'm sure it's a simple fix. This is literally the only thing on the car that doesn't work - even the light in the engine compartment works.
- there is a nickel-sized ding on the right fender. I'm sure a body shop could pop it out, but I wanted to leave the car exactly as I found it.
- There are a handful of tiny nicks and scratches in the paint - I'm sure most could be buffed out. Keep in mind that it has the original paint! There is one very small scrape in the paint next to the driver's side t-top that has surface rust. Again, a quick repair. This is the ONLY spot of rust I've been able to find, which is amazing.
- There is a minor wear spot on the driver's seat
Again, I'm not in a hurry to sell, as the values are only going up. $25,500 and you'll have one of the best examples of these cars left anywhere. Check the web - most of these cars have well over 100k miles and have been driven into the ground.
1983 Datsun 280ZX Specifications
Classic Car ID100880859
Trim Body Style
Engine6 Cylinder Turbo
Custom Exterior ColorN/A
Classic Car Buyer and Seller Resources