1982 Land Rover Series III
Truck Car for sale in Birmingham, Alabama 35209
The Dodge Li'l Red Express set a standard on how to make a great performance truck. All Dodge Li'l Red Express trucks came from the factory painted in Bright Canyon Red in 1978 and Medium Canyon Red in 1979. Every Li'l Red Express was a regular cab Adventurer with a stepside bed.
Classic vintage Chevrolet pickup trucks are receiving growing interest among car enthusiasts. The most collectible muscle cars are numbers-matching survivors; the most sought-after vintage trucks are full custom builds.
Classic Car Overview
Built on April 27, 1983 in Solihull England as a Series III, 88” base, light green LHD export vehicle (We have a certified copy of a Factory Record issued by the British Motor Industry Heritage Trust). It has an original 2.25 Ltr petrol engine and an original syncro gear box that shifts perfectly. The car underwent a meticulous frame ON restoration, including upgrades for comfort and safety. Some items in the car were left as original to maintain that retro look we all love.
The vehicle has not been altered from its original form other than upgrades for comfort and safety. We believe this vehicle is unique because our research indicates it has always had a flush front. Unlike most Series III’s, this truck has a Defender like bonnet, instead of the shortened bonnet compared to the wings (We have a picture from the 80s to prove it). Initially we thought this vehicle was a Stage 1 but it does not have a V8 engine. However, we believe this vehicle could have been part of the first attempts to launching the Defender as we know it (it’s only our opinion). About 20 vehicles like this one were exported to the same destination in May of 1983 from England and the ones we have seen look the same (we have pictures).
Main restored or replace items, among others:
- Complete paint job to make it look as good as new (Inside, out and under with original spec paint).
- Engine: All gaskets, seals, rings and admission valves were replaced for new ones.
- New battery and all new wiring.
- All seats and roof were reupholstered, and seats were upgraded to include head rest.
- New seatbelts installed on all front seats.
- New original Land Rover ceiling light.
- New windshield washer bottle.
- New directional wand and wiper / washer switch + original light switch.
- New Euro style lamps with wiring except headlights but including reverse light.
- New LED license plate light.
- New door latches, hinges and key barrels.
- All new door and window seals.
- All new LR windows.
- New custom fabricated spare tire holder.
- New custom standard front carpet set.
- New rear acoustic floor mat.
- New water temperature gauge.
Look, comfort and safety upgrades:
- 5 Refurbished period specific steel wheels + New M/T Runway Tires.
- Heystee power steering kit.
- Heystee front disk brake kit including new rotors, calipers and pads.
- Old Man Emu suspension system.
- Original Equipment style Servintec 409 Stainless Steel exhaust system and Muffler.
- Air-conditioning system.
- New speedometer (Dual Mls / Kms), Tach and oil pressure gauge controls + USB charging port.
- New PIAA 540 extreme white driving lights with wiring + mesh grill.
- New Nakatanenga heritage grill.
- New folding side steps.
Classic Car ID101217710
Transmission4 Speed Manual
Classic Car Buyer's Tools
Immediately receive a quote to get your new classic car delivered right to your driveway from Autotrader’s trusted Classic Transport Partner ShipYourCarNow. Click Now!
Get THE LOWEST MONTHLY PAYMENTS! We are a nationwide collector car finance company with over a decade of experience serving our clients. Give us a call today at (800) 717-5180 Apply now
For the latest and most reliable Classic and Collectible Car prices, values, production numbers and local car clubs, always trust NADAguides.com. Get more info
Considering buying a new classic? Get a quote before you buy. Agreed value, lowest rates. Go with Grundy Insurance, www.Grundy.com or 888-647-8636 Get Quotes Now