1982 Jeep CJ 7
SUV Car for sale in phoenix, Arizona 85050
From around 1956 until the mid 1980s, Dodge, Plymouth and even Chrysler squads were the most ubiquitous police cars in North America. In fact, the biggest department, the NYPD, used Plymouth and Dodge squads almost exclusively until the rear-drive M body car was finally axed in 1989.
The no-frills Savoy two-door sedan was home to another engine of considerable repute, the infamous 413 Max Wedge, a Super Stock monster block Chrysler introduced in the spring of 1962.
Classic Car Overview
Jeep CJ7 Custom Conversion 1982 Body with 2005 5.3L GM Engine
Body Mileage: 171,570
Engine Mileage: 27,570
Transmission Mileage: 10,579
I bought this restored CJ7 from the original owner in October 2009 with 160,100 miles (VIN #1JCBN87EXCT014032). I added many features listed below, and shipped it to Maui in December of that year. Once on Maui I realized that the original 4 cylinder ‘Iron Duke’ was just not enough power.
I hired Novak (http://www.novakadapt.com/index.htm) to perform a complete conversion in May of 2010. This included replacing the old Iron Duke with a GM Generation III Series 5.3L Vortec engine from a 2005 Silverado (VIN #2GCEC13Z871183143); installing a new AX15 Terminator 5 speed manual transmission; and installing a new radiator, fan, A/C system, hoses, wire assembly, drive shafts, and exhaust system. The 5.3L engine had 17,000 miles on it when the Silverado was totaled. Check the Novak link above where there is a video featuring this Jeep conversion.
In total, I have invested just over $43,000 in the Jeep, the conversion and all of the other upgrades.
In July 2013 I shipped the CJ to Long Beach and drove it to where I live in Phoenix.
I love this CJ, but I don’t have room to keep it. I have a 1970 Jeepster Commando that I also did a Novak Conversion on that I am keeping as I can tow my boat on that machine.
NEW PARTS IN MY CONVERSION
· Eaton Detroit Truetrac Rear Locking Differential
· 4” Soft Ride Lift Kit and Sway Bar Bush Kit
· 33” Mickey Thompson Baja Radial MTZ tires (10k miles)
· 15 x 10 Mickey Thompson Chrome Wheels
· Warn 4” Trail Flares
· Heavy Duty Steering Stabilizer
· Rugged Ridge 8500Lb Power Winch
· Dual Tube Stainless Front Winch Bumper
· Stainless Steel Side Steps
· Rock Hard 4x4 Sport Cage (Roll Bar Kit)
· Rock Hard 4x4 Sport Cage Padding Kit
· Bestop Strapless Bikini Top
· Diamond Plate Side plates, rear corner plates, and interior shift cover panel
· Warrior Products Adventure Rack
· Customzed Delta Diamond Plate Aluminum Storage Box
· Two (2) Stainless Steel Jerry Tanks (only used for fresh water, but can be used for gas)
· Hi-Lift Jack with Isolator
· Bullmaster Padlock and OnGuard Akita Cable (to secure the Jerry Cans and Hi Jack to the rear Adventure Rack so they aren’t stolen!)
· Tuffy Maximum Security Storage Trunk (fits space between rear seat and tailgate)
· Tuffy Security Center Console Series II (6.5”)
· Sony CDX-M6OUI Marine CD/IPOD/MP3 Receiver/Player
· Line-X Kustom Bed Liner throughout complete interior
· New Dash Pad
· Retractable Seat belts and brackets
· Sun Visors
· Fully Custom Fitted California Car Cover (newly replaced and never used)
Vehicle History Report
Classic Car ID101091269
Transmission5 Speed Manual
Classic Car Buyer's Tools
Immediately receive a quote to get your new classic car delivered right to your driveway from Autotrader’s trusted Classic Transport Partner ShipYourCarNow. Click Now!
JJ BEST BANC & CO, the leader in classic and collector car financing. Long terms, low rates, quick and easy approvals. J.J. Best offers financing for classic and collector vehicles from antique to modern. Let us help you drive your dream car today! Click or call 1-800-872-1965 to apply now! Click here
For the latest and most reliable Classic and Collectible Car prices, values, production numbers and local car clubs, always trust NADAguides.com. Get more info
Considering buying a new classic? Get a quote before you buy. Agreed value, lowest rates. Go with Grundy Insurance, www.Grundy.com or 888-647-8636 Get Quotes Now