1981 Lancia Other Lancia Models
Convertible Car for sale in Neenah, Wisconsin 54957
If you're a fan of vintage Japanese cars, be sure to check out Nissan's online heritage site. There are tons of vintage Nissan pics and specs going all the way back to the 1920s. Each featured car or truck has relevant specs and a little "detail" tab that gives some background on that specific car.
The Volkswagen Kombi van reached iconic status, with even a school lunch box fashioned in its image. During those early years, the Volkswagen Microbus morphed into various forms. From a cargo carrier with no windows behind the driver's seat to a windowed passenger van with three rows of seats, the possibilities seemed endless.
Classic Car Overview
This is the car I fell in love with in high school at the Chicago Auto Show. Every February the dads would load up a Vista Cruiser full of boys and let us loose in McCormick Place for the day. “Meet us at five o’clock at the Pieroth Wine Garden.” If the moms only knew.
These were only imported the same four years I was in high school. At that time I was driving a Gremlin, which in contrast made an Italian convertible that much more appealing. Fast-forward to 2007, I was having a combination of a mid-life crisis and a kid turning 16, thus a need for another vehicle. And no kid of mine was going to drive a Gremlin. Thanks to the internet finding one was not difficult, and driving it home was a sweet trip - only problem being the Washington County Deputy. “You have no license plate, and by the way, what is it?” Wisconsin gives three days on a signed title, and curiosity satisfied, I was on my way.
As it turned out, I was not having a mid-life crisis and the kid didn’t get his driver’s license until age 18. The adventures with this car continued on down through the younger brothers, but they are grown now and on to other things. Plus I have a huge income tax bill this year and can use the money, or once that’s over, put it towards a convertible built in this century.
Information for those who are new to Lancias:
Besides the open top, this vehicle has many other delights...
- the exhaust sound is just heavenly; just rev it up under a viaduct.
- the horn (also a delightful sound) has an air compressor that needs to be filled with oil
- the gas cap (“essence sans plomb”) is machined from bronze
- only 2500 or so Zagato (or Beta Spider) were ever built
- only 950 or so were imported to the U.S.
- this is one of only about 75 “Special Edition” black (nero, code 601F) with gold (oro) stripes and trim
- this is one of very few of the “Special Edition” with gold alloy wheels. Five of them (yes, 5 alloy wheels, no air canister for a spare tire).
For those who do know Lancias:
- 5th gear shifts fine
- yes the washer fluid reservoir has disintegrated
- power steering fluid leaks
- steering column switch was rebuilt
What I have done to it:
- tune-up by the Wisconsin expert in Bosch Jetronic fuel injection. They even machined new adjusting screws for it. Included spark plugs, cap, rotor.
- 4 new tires (195/60R14 86H)
- new battery (Group 47)
- new alternator ($71.49 at AutoZone!)
- one alloy wheel professionally restored
- filters, fluids, radiator cap, wiper blades
- bucket seats have been sewn up
- Clear Wisconsin title (note this car has never seen snow). Mileage is “exempt” because it is over 10 years old, though the Bill of Sale will include an Odometer Disclosure Statement in case your jurisdiction requires it.
- two sets of keys (the grips being another, smaller delight)
- car cover
- many spares
Vehicle History Report
Classic Car ID101120224
ConditionFair; driven last fall
Transmission5 Speed Manual
Custom ColorGold Stripes
Classic Car Buyer's Tools
Immediately receive a quote to get your new classic car delivered right to your driveway from Autotrader’s trusted Classic Transport Partner ShipYourCarNow. Click Now!
Get THE LOWEST MONTHLY PAYMENTS! We are a nationwide collector car finance company with over a decade of experience serving our clients. Give us a call today at (800) 717-5180 Apply now
For the latest and most reliable Classic and Collectible Car prices, values, production numbers and local car clubs, always trust NADAguides.com. Get more info
As the inventors of Agreed Value coverage, we understand the special nature of protecting a collectible vehicle. Every policy offers Agreed Value, Unlimited Mileage, No Deductible, Towing and Labor, Spare Parts Coverage and the flexibility of using the Repair Shop of Your Choice. Whether insuring a priceless historical vehicle or a weekend cruiser, no one knows more about insuring collector cars then Grundy. www.Grundy.com or 888-647-8636 Get Quotes Now