1980 MG MGB
Convertible Car for sale in Alexandria, Virginia 22301
If you're a fan of vintage Japanese cars, be sure to check out Nissan's online heritage site. There are tons of vintage Nissan pics and specs going all the way back to the 1920s. Each featured car or truck has relevant specs and a little "detail" tab that gives some background on that specific car.
The Volkswagen Kombi van reached iconic status, with even a school lunch box fashioned in its image. During those early years, the Volkswagen Microbus morphed into various forms. From a cargo carrier with no windows behind the driver's seat to a windowed passenger van with three rows of seats, the possibilities seemed endless.
Classic Car Overview
1980 MGB ‘frame-off’ restoration
· All removable body panels were removed and everything that would unbolt from the chassis was removed.
· All rust was removed and all parts were stripped to bare metal.
· All bolts, nuts and associated hardware were either replaced with new or were stripped and re-threaded or re-tapped.
· All body panel interior surfaces and floor pan were coated with 3 coats of POR 15 rust preventive paint.
· All interior panels that could not be reached directly were coated with Waxoyl spray rust preventive compound.
· All exterior panels received 1 coat of self etching primer, 2 coats of high build urethane primer, 2 coats of 2K urethane color coat, and 4 coats of 2k urethane clear coat.
· Professionally rebuild 3.1 liter GM V6 engine (160 HP) with customer headers and 4 barrel Edelbrock carburetor was installed.
· Completely rebuilt 5 speed Tremec manual transmission was installed.
· Rebuilt MG 3.07:1 rear axle was installed. (This is essential to making the car a comfortable long distance cruiser)
· Electrically controlled heater defroster was installed.
· Interior was gutted and completely rebuilt:
o Mazda Miata bucket seats
o New sound deadener and carpet
o New interior body panels.
o New gauges (speedo, tach, oil pressure, water temperature)
o New arm rests and door releases.
o New convertible top
· Rubber bumpers were replaced with Moss Motoring chrome bumpers including all additional body panels to make the car equivalent to pre-1973 chrome bumper MGBs
· New exhaust system — muffler, pipes and resonator
· Rebuilt original MGB rallye wheels
· New Michelin tires
· AM/FM/CD/USB iPod compatible radio
The engine has less than 200 miles since rebuild.
Note that ‘frame off’ is in quotes because the vehicle is semi-monocoque design with no real separate frame.
Classic Car ID101112326
Transmission5 Speed Manual
Classic Car Buyer's Tools
Immediately receive a quote to get your new classic car delivered right to your driveway from Autotrader’s trusted Classic Transport Partner ShipYourCarNow. Click Now!
Get THE LOWEST MONTHLY PAYMENTS! We are a nationwide collector car finance company with over a decade of experience serving our clients. Give us a call today at (800) 717-5180 Apply now
For the latest and most reliable Classic and Collectible Car prices, values, production numbers and local car clubs, always trust NADAguides.com. Get more info
As the inventors of Agreed Value coverage, we understand the special nature of protecting a collectible vehicle. Every policy offers Agreed Value, Unlimited Mileage, No Deductible, Towing and Labor, Spare Parts Coverage and the flexibility of using the Repair Shop of Your Choice. Whether insuring a priceless historical vehicle or a weekend cruiser, no one knows more about insuring collector cars then Grundy. www.Grundy.com or 888-647-8636 Get Quotes Now