1979 Lincoln Continental
Sedan Car for sale in Prescott, Arizona 86301
From around 1956 until the mid 1980s, Dodge, Plymouth and even Chrysler squads were the most ubiquitous police cars in North America. In fact, the biggest department, the NYPD, used Plymouth and Dodge squads almost exclusively until the rear-drive M body car was finally axed in 1989.
The no-frills Savoy two-door sedan was home to another engine of considerable repute, the infamous 413 Max Wedge, a Super Stock monster block Chrysler introduced in the spring of 1962.
Classic Car Overview
I am selling my 1979, custom, Lincoln Continental Town Car with only 58,000 original miles on it!
This car is awesome!!! You won't be disappointed with it.
I always get comments from people when I got out in it.
I have credit with a mobile auto detailer to detail the car so if you buy it, I'll have it detailed for you.
- 58K original miles
- Two-tone paint job
- Put 20 inch Mag. wheels
- Limo tint windows
- Installed better speakers and an upgraded sound system that can play CD'd, Radio, USB hookup, ect. (The original radio in the car is intact and does work but it is not hooked up to the speakers as the new system is hooked up to the speakers).
- Removed the vinyl top for a smooth metal finish.
POSITIVES ABOUT THE CAR:
1. Has two-tone paint job with limo tint windows
2. 20 inch Mag. wheels (I have the original wheels if you would rather put them on).
3. Installed better speakers and an upgraded sound system that can play CD'd, Radio, USB hookup, ect. (The original radio is intact and does work but it is not hooked up to the speakers).
4. Vinyl top removed. (The guy who owned it before me said that he spent 60 man hours removing the vinyl top and sanding / painting the rough metal underneath).
5. It only has 58,000 original miles and the engine is in good condition.
6. Trunk is in excelling condition
7. V8, 400 ci engine, 2 barrel carburetor
8. Arizona car all its life with very little rust
9. Done lots of mechanical repairs and aesthetic improvements.
10. Limo tint windows
Negatives about the car:
1. The passenger side mirror is not operable. However, there is a very large rear view mirror and you can use to see if there is a car on your right when you are changing lanes.
2. The Cartier dash clock does not work
3. The weather-stripping is a bit worn so if you take it to a carwash, a bit of water will leak in the car, but no water will leak in when it rains.
LIST OF REPAIRS SINCE I HAVE OWNED THE CAR:
1. Rebuilt Carburetor (Oct. 2014) / Cost: $570
2. Replaced power steering hose and both pressure hoses
and R & R return hose (March 2015) / Cost: $364
3. Brake Fluid Flush and replace wiper blades and oil change (May 2015) / Cost: $130
4. Paint touch up work (June 2015) / Cost: $44
5. Replace fuel line from filter to carburetor (Sept. 2015) / Cost: $110
6. Replace fuel pump (March 2016) / Cost: $215
7. New Horn Pad (May 2016) / Cost: $200
8. Fuel tank clean-out and new fuel strainer (July 2016) / Cost: $117
9. New ignition module (July 2016) / Cost: $53
10. Carburetor adjustments & general tune up (July 2016) / Cost: $130
11. 4 New Tires (Nov. 2016) / Cost: $500
12. New Battery (March 2017) / Cost: $120
13. New interior upholstery (Sept. 2017) / Cost: $5,000
14. New Shocks and Coil Springs (Sept. 2019) / Cost: $400
15. Install shocks, coil springs, radar detector, and oil change (Sept. 2017) / Cost: $278
16. NEW: Battery, air filter, spark plugs & wires, distributor cap / rotor. (Apr. 2018) / Cost: $330
17. REPLACE: Timing chain & real main oil seal & oil pressure sender. (Oct. 2018) / Cost: $900
18. Rebuild driveshaft and replace motor mounts (Dec. 2018) / Cost: $500
19. Replaced both front tires and did an alignment (May 2019) / Cost: $365
20. Replace batter from O’Reily w/ 2 year warranty (Dec. 2019) / Cost: $157
Classic Car ID101261211
Custom ColorTwo-Tone metalic silver and burgundy
Classic Car Buyer's Tools
Immediately receive a quote to get your new classic car delivered right to your driveway from Autotrader’s trusted Classic Transport Partner ShipYourCarNow. Click Now!
JJ BEST BANC & CO, the leader in classic and collector car financing. Long terms, low rates, quick and easy approvals. J.J. Best offers financing for classic and collector vehicles from antique to modern. Let us help you drive your dream car today! Click or call 1-800-872-1965 to apply now! Click here
For the latest and most reliable Classic and Collectible Car prices, values, production numbers and local car clubs, always trust NADAguides.com. Get more info
Considering buying a new classic? Get a quote before you buy. Agreed value, lowest rates. Go with Grundy Insurance, www.Grundy.com or 888-647-8636 Get Quotes Now