1978 Jeep CJ-7
SUV Car for sale in Murrells inlet, South Carolina 29576
Murrells Inlet, SC 29576
The Dodge Li'l Red Express set a standard on how to make a great performance truck. All Dodge Li'l Red Express trucks came from the factory painted in Bright Canyon Red in 1978 and Medium Canyon Red in 1979. Every Li'l Red Express was a regular cab Adventurer with a stepside bed.
Classic vintage Chevrolet pickup trucks are receiving growing interest among car enthusiasts. The most collectible muscle cars are numbers-matching survivors; the most sought-after vintage trucks are full custom builds.
Classic Car Overview
1978 Jeep CJ-7 (body off restoration in 2000-2001)
Below is a general description. Receipts are available for all discussed items below plus work and components long forgotten about. Several spare parts and components not listed are available with vehicle.
· 304 V-8,
· Turbo Hydramatic 400 transmission w/AutoTrac and PTO,
· Factory air (not installed but all components are on hand),
· Tilt steering,
· Power steering,
· Power brakes,
· Over axle lift (~ 3 inches),
· Factory front disc brakes.
· Original 304 V-8, built by S. Ashworth Performance; engine ported, polished, balanced, .030 over; all bolts-on components new; carburetor upgraded to 4V (BRAND NEW EDELBROCK 8/2019); Armored oil pan.
· Upgraded MSD 6 ignition system (distributor and controller).
· Turbo Hydramatic 400 transmission taken from Jeep grand Wagoneer (previously salvaged with 2000 odometer miles); all seals replaced; armor guard pan added.
· Auto-Trac transfer case and PTO; new cones and seals. An additional Auto-Trak transfer case comes with the vehicle.
· Dana 44 front axle; new bearings and seals, Mile Marker manual axle lockouts added.
· AMC Model 20 rear axle; new bearings and seals; Moser one piece axles added.
· Brakes; new calipers front, new drums rear, all hardware, pads, and shoes new; new stainless steel brake lines; new brake booster and master cylinder; new emergency brake lines.
· Electrical harnesses new and upgraded for additional circuits.
· Springs re-trued with new bushings; grease fittings installed.
· All steering components new except steering box; steering box new seals and bushings.
· Exhaust system stainless steel; all emission controls restored or new.
· Secondary pusher fuel pump installed for easy starting after long storage periods.
· Frame blasted and measured for true, no issues.
· New fiberglass with flip forward front end; All sheet metal components except tub on hand; front bumper stainless steel; rear bumper/tire carrier new. Exterior paint color for body was silver from factory, currently it is 2001 Ford Mustang green/gold flip-flop.
· All exterior metal components stainless steel (mirrors, kick plates, windshield hinges, tailgate hinges, fuel hatch, etc.
· New stainless steel dash with instruments.
· 4 point roll bar welded/bolted to the frame.CJ-7s came from factory with roll bar bolted to tub only.
· New light gray interior; includes front bucket seats, front locking console, rear bench seat, and console.
· New sound system (2019)
· New 30 gallon stainless steel gas tank. All fuel lines are now stainless steel.
· New tinted windshield
· New Bestop Supertop; gray, top and soft doors never used in box; frame and hardware are installed.
· New Bestop banana top currently installed.
· New upgraded seat belts with shoulder harnesses,
· New Tuffy security lock box/glove box.
Classic Car ID101224922
Classic Car Buyer's Tools
Immediately receive a quote to get your new classic car delivered right to your driveway from Autotrader’s trusted Classic Transport Partner ShipYourCarNow. Click Now!
JJ BEST BANC & CO, the leader in classic and collector car financing. Long terms, low rates, quick and easy approvals. J.J. Best offers financing for classic and collector vehicles from antique to modern. Let us help you drive your dream car today! Click or call 1-800-872-1965 to apply now! Click here
For the latest and most reliable Classic and Collectible Car prices, values, production numbers and local car clubs, always trust NADAguides.com. Get more info
Considering buying a new classic? Get a quote before you buy. Agreed value, lowest rates. Go with Grundy Insurance, www.Grundy.com or 888-647-8636 Get Quotes Now