1978 Jeep CJ-5
Truck Car for sale in Boulder City, Nevada 89005-1720
Boulder City, NV 89005-1720
The Dodge Li'l Red Express set a standard on how to make a great performance truck. All Dodge Li'l Red Express trucks came from the factory painted in Bright Canyon Red in 1978 and Medium Canyon Red in 1979. Every Li'l Red Express was a regular cab Adventurer with a stepside bed.
Classic vintage Chevrolet pickup trucks are receiving growing interest among car enthusiasts. The most collectible muscle cars are numbers-matching survivors; the most sought-after vintage trucks are full custom builds.
Classic Car Overview
For sale is an orange 1978 Jeep CJ-5 with a light grey interior (VIN#J8M83AA077440). I am the third owner of this painstakingly restored and cared-for Jeep showing 7,499 miles on the odometer, having put roughly 2,000 of those on myself in the four years I've owned it. The Jeep was professionally restored from top to bottom in 1999 when it had roughly 29,000 miles on it and the odometer was professionally rolled back to 0 at that point. This means that, even accounting for the pre-rollback miles, this 42-year-old Jeep has only driven 36,500 miles in its entire life! Features include:
1. Professional frame-off restoration completed in January of 1999 to the tune of $19,410.52 ($29,891.50 in today's dollars), with only 7,500 miles added since then. I have physical pictures of the restoration, as well as all paperwork concerning what was done (see pictures in this listing for some of the many receipts). Some things were rebuilt, like the engine and transmission, while others like the gas tank, brakes and suspension were outright replaced;
2. Paperwork dating back to 1992, when my father-in-law first purchased the car from a gentleman he met at a gas station in NV. Paperwork does include the original manual;
3. Nevada-owned for all but two years of light driving in Wisconsin (done by me). As a result, it is rust-free and very clean;
4. Brand-new bikini top with matching full and half doors, and a fiberglass hardtop with matching doors;
5. Upgrades include a slight lift, three-point harnesses, aftermarket bumpers and side steps, stainless steel parts throughout, center console with aftermarket Bluetooth-capable Sony radio accompanied by a subwoofer and four aftermarket speakers. Original parts are included in a large container; and
6. Brand-new BFGoodrich All-Terrain tires (Size 31X10.50R15LT).
This car has been lovingly owned in-family for the past 27 years but it is finally time for someone who will get more use out of it. 7,000+ miles in the past 20 years just isn't enough use for this beauty! In full disclosure, I have included pictures of scratches that have shown up since the repaint in 1999; overall, though, the condition of this car is excellent. Please contact with questions.
Classic Car ID101343589
Drivetrain4 wheel drive
Transmission4 Speed Manual
Classic Car Buyer's Tools
Immediately receive a quote to get your new classic car delivered right to your driveway from Autotrader’s trusted Classic Transport Partner ShipYourCarNow. Click Now!
JJ BEST BANC & CO, the leader in classic and collector car financing. Long terms, low rates, quick and easy approvals. J.J. Best offers financing for classic and collector vehicles from antique to modern. Let us help you drive your dream car today! Click or call 1-800-872-1965 to apply now! Click here
For the latest and most reliable Classic and Collectible Car prices, values, production numbers and local car clubs, always trust NADAguides.com. Get more info
Considering buying a new classic? Get a quote before you buy. Agreed value, lowest rates. Go with Grundy Insurance, www.Grundy.com or 888-647-8636 Get Quotes Now