1977 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
Madison, WI 53704
Burt Reynolds may have been the star, but it was the black 1977 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am that stole the show. There's nothing like seeing that Starlight Black Pontiac Firebird Trans Am emerge from the back of the Bandit's truck.
We've compiled a list of the greatest muscle cars of all time. Did your favorite make the list? Ask 20 muscle-car aficionados to identify the "best" muscle car of all time and you'll get 20 different answers.
Classic Car Overview
1977 Firebird Trans Am
Color - Brentwood Brown
4 Speed, Power Windows, Deluxe interior package.
Texas car recently relocated to the Midwest. This is a numbers matching car, however the existing motor is a freshly build 455 with less than 2000 miles. I do have the original 400 if anyone prefers to return the car to original. All parts for the 455 build were sourced through Jim Butler at Butler Performance. If you’re not familiar with Butler and why I used these parts, check out their website.
· 1976 455 block
· Flat Top Forged Aluminum Icon Racing Pistons – Since these were much lighter than the original pistons the rotating assembly has been balanced.
· Total Seal piston rings
· Butler Perf. Gaskets and Seals
· The heads are original to the 400. 6X-4, 93.74cc 2.11/1.66. Machined with new springs and SS valves.
· Crower Valve Springs
· Comp Hydraulic lifters
· Comp Cam XE268H
· Scorpion Racing Roller Rockers – 1.5 ratio
· ARP Main Stud and Head bolt kits
· Butler Perf. Cast Aluminum Head Covers
· Butler Perf. Oil Pump
· The Rochester Carb has been cleaned and rebuilt with larger jets. This is the original carb for the 455, I also have to original for the 400.
· Edelbrock aluminum intake
· High Torque Mini Starter
· 8.5mm MSD plug wires
· New alternator
· New three core radiator – All new hoses.
· New jars for coolant and wiper fluid. New pump for the wiper jug.
· Moroso oil filter relocation kit with Russell fittings and hoses.
· Stainless Steel Dipstick tube
· Pypes Street Performance Stainless Steel Exhaust.
· Doug’s Headers
· Stage 8 Header Locking Bolts
· McLeod Racing Clutch w/ new balanced Flywheel
· Carpet is new
· New foam for front seats
· New seat covers front and back
· New package tray
I have a new emergency/parking brake kit for the car, but it is not installed. Tires are new. Shocks are new front and back. Rear diff. fluid has been changed.
I have a large pile of receipts for the items above, I can’t guarantee I saved every receipt, but it should be close.
The existing stereo does not work; consider this part a clean slate for what you want to put into it.
This car is a blast to drive, the somewhat rough idle cam along with the street exhaust make for head turning sound.
$20,500 or best offer.
Happy to send more pics if interested.
Classic Car ID101022395
CategoryMuscle & Pony Cars
Transmission4 Speed Manual
Classic Car Buyer's Tools
Get THE LOWEST MONTHLY PAYMENTS! We are a nationwide collector car finance company with over a decade of experience serving our clients. Give us a call today at (800) 717-5180 Apply now
For the latest and most reliable Classic and Collectible Car prices, values, production numbers and local car clubs, always trust NADAguides.com. Get more info