1976 Porsche 914
Convertible Car for sale in LAKEWOOD, Colorado 80228
One European's experience at Bonneville's famous SpeedWeek. More than 800 miles of endless vistas, winding canyons and blistering temperatures is a big challenge for any car, let alone a small hot hatchback that
Through the SEMA Technology Initiative, Ford was able to collaborate with several of those companies to produce a low-volume niche vehicle. Ewing had the design, SEMA had the suppliers and soon, the GTX1 was born.
Classic Car Buyer's Tools
Get THE LOWEST MONTHLY PAYMENTS! We are a nationwide collector car finance company with over a decade of experience serving our clients. Give us a call today at (800) 717-5180Apply now
For the latest and most reliable Classic and Collectible Car prices, values, production numbers and local car clubs, always trust NADAguides.com.Get more info
Classic Car Overview
1976 Porsche 914 $37,500
I bought this 2 owner 914 one year ago from a car enthusiast who performed a ground up “nut and bolt” restoration. The car was completely disassembled down to the mono-frame. Everything was photographed, bagged and then each individual piece was restored ONE by ONE! The body was in excellent condition to start and was media blasted to bar meta using “baking soda” to avoid warping the metal (Sand will warp the metal…) Some of the parts took months of looking to find the right pieces for the correct fit. Nearly every metal piece was media blasted individually then powder coated semi-gloss black to ensure a strong surface for added protection. Here are some of the particulars:
· Media blasted to bar metal to expose any hidden rust, nearly no rust was found but in the “Hell hole” which was professionally restored using new sheet metal from Auto Atlanta.
· Side marker lights were also removed and welded over.
· Jack holes were removed from the side and a Porsche Boxter “scissor jack” was added to the front trunk spare.
· Nearly NO “bondo” was needed or used, on as sanding filler.
· Car was painted tri-coat pearl white on top of an epoxy primer ($13,000 paint job)
· All new lights, lenses and bulbs, including hard to find fog lights!
Brakes & Wheels:
· All the brake lines were replaced with new stainless ones from PMB Performance.
· New rotors drilled to allow the 5 on 130 bolt pattern! From Auto Atlanta.
· Restored calipers and new pads
· New 911 master cylinder w/stainless braided brake lines to calipers.
· New break fluid reservoir.
· Wheels are from a 1998 Porsche Boxter and were rechromed.
· Tires are Michelin, same ones used on new Porsche cars today. The pretty much still have nubs on them and are in new condition. Only 600 miles on them for “break in” period driving.
· Professionally aligned with the proper shims! Big-O
· 1976 cars came from the factory only with 2.0 motors, this 2.0 motor was completely redone by Justin, the owner of BLACKLINE RACING/Utah! We wanted the engine that could run with the factory fuel injection as well as carburetors so we kept everything stock but put in the 96mm pistons which make the motor a 2.2 rather than a 2.0. The cam was beautifully re-ground (cam is -1) Just did an amazing job, once complete the motor was broken in on the DYNO.
· Italian WEBER carburetors!
· New engine wiring harness made by Jeff Bowlsby. His wiring harnesses are a work of art!
· New SSI stainless steel heat exchangers!
· New Burch exhaust for AMAZING sound!!
· Completely dissembled and restored.
· Car shifts excellent. All new bushings many of which are brass so they do not wear like the factory plastic ones!
· Floor, door panels and back pad were covered with Dyno-mate then professionally upholstered in a marine vinyl. Engine compartment sound pad upgraded.
· New carpet kit with extra set of floor mats for “car shows”
· Center console with new correct gauges.
· Dash gauges were restored and new glass lenses installed.
· New Pioneer CD play and speakers.
· New Antenna with antenna key.
· MOMO steering wheel.
· Shas was covered to match the rare 916 Porsche.
· Gas tank was media blasted, powder coated ten treated inside with POR 15 to seal an oxidation.
· New 8MM Stainless steel gas lines were run through the “tunnel” (front of car to back) and all rubber lines were replaced with proper German type fuel and vacuum lines.
· NOTHING but high grade non-ethanol has been run in this since rebuild.
· Front and rear factory sway bars powder coated and all new bushings.
· Rear trailing arms powder coated and new bushings pressed in.
· Front suspension was gone through, restored and powder coated.
· All new shocks, powder coated from shock towers/spindles.
· All the heating/cooling controls were cleaned and resorted to working condition and a new front fan motor was installed. Many people that restore these cares leave the heating systems out, it is quite complicated but worth doing.
Bumpers / rubber / glass:
New stainless chrome front and back bumpers, include top rubber pads.
All new rubber installed!! All 914 rubber Pelican Parts/Auto Atlanta.
All glass in perfect condition.
THIS IS THE NICEST 1976 914-4 on the market - BAR NONE!
EMAIL me with any questions!
1976 Porsche 914 Specifications
Classic Car ID101034307
ConditionFRAME OFF RESTORATION !
Trim Body Style
Transmission5 Speed Manual
Custom Exterior ColorN/A
Classic Car Buyer and Seller Resources