1976 Ford Pinto
Wagon Car for sale in Dover, New Jersey 07801
Dover, NJ 07801
From around 1956 until the mid 1980s, Dodge, Plymouth and even Chrysler squads were the most ubiquitous police cars in North America. In fact, the biggest department, the NYPD, used Plymouth and Dodge squads almost exclusively until the rear-drive M body car was finally axed in 1989.
The no-frills Savoy two-door sedan was home to another engine of considerable repute, the infamous 413 Max Wedge, a Super Stock monster block Chrysler introduced in the spring of 1962.
Classic Car Overview
Looking for one of the top pinto wagons available in the world? So much time and money was put into this build to make it look like it rolled off the showroom and keeping that pinto charm. However, a further look and you see the hood scoop, the rims, tires and finally look under the hood to see the brand new crate 302 which has only 500 miles on it.
I had this Pinto with automatic transmission was built to make sure it was not like the other pintos out there where they kill the pinto charm, install roll bars and just ruin the pinto charm. This pinto keeps the charm but gives it more power than you will probably even need.
List of new and redone items (much more, but just listed some off the top of my head)
- NOS (New Old Stock) front and read bumpers
- Almost all trim was pulled off car and redone, it shines big time
- NOS center line rims. Not the new junk, but New Old Stock Center Line Rims, never used until I installed.
- New Tires
- Dual Exhaust
- The wood grain was all redone with NOS grain.
- New paint job, original shipped before painting. Done in Ford Mustang Yellow
- 302 Crate engine with all new parts. Pretty much everything under the hood has been replaced with new. Heater removed as wanted nothing but a nice open clean engine bay.
- New door handles and window cranks.
- Front seats completely redone with the original pinto material.
- All interior taken off and completely redone. Even has NOS rear tailgate powder-coated hinges (what a pain to install, but worth it to have it looking so sharp)
- All new gauges.
- New LED Headlights.
- Underneath has some original and some redone items. Completely reinforced with steel to protect it as the Pinto was not made to move this fast!
- Have it at the shop now to give it once over and make sure everything is PERFECT.
- ...much more, too much to list.
Of note, the gas tank sender is a little flaky, it shows 3/4 when full. The carpet around the emergency brake is a little bunched.
Otherwise, the car is gorgeous, fast and such an attention grabber. Park next to that 57 Chevy and 63 Corvette and watch everybody walk past them and to your Pinto. Did I mention how fast this Pinto is?
I have a Before and After book that will be included in the sale.
Ask any questions, I will do my best to answer. If selling long distance, it will be the buyers responsibility to get shipped.
Classic Car ID101235634
ConditionExcellent and completely finished
Classic Car Buyer's Tools
Immediately receive a quote to get your new classic car delivered right to your driveway from Autotrader’s trusted Classic Transport Partner ShipYourCarNow. Click Now!
JJ BEST BANC & CO, the leader in classic and collector car financing. Long terms, low rates, quick and easy approvals. J.J. Best offers financing for classic and collector vehicles from antique to modern. Let us help you drive your dream car today! Click or call 1-800-872-1965 to apply now! Click here
For the latest and most reliable Classic and Collectible Car prices, values, production numbers and local car clubs, always trust NADAguides.com. Get more info
Considering buying a new classic? Get a quote before you buy. Agreed value, lowest rates. Go with Grundy Insurance, www.Grundy.com or 888-647-8636 Get Quotes Now