1973 Dodge Charger SE
Coupe Car for sale in Berlin Heights, Ohio 44814
Berlin Heights, OH
We've compiled a list of the greatest muscle cars of all time. Did your favorite make the list? Ask 20 muscle-car aficionados to identify the "best" muscle car of all time and you'll get 20 different answers.
Classic Car Buyer's Tools
Get THE LOWEST MONTHLY PAYMENTS! We are a nationwide collector car finance company with over a decade of experience serving our clients. Give us a call today at (800) 872-1965Click here
For the latest and most reliable Classic and Collectible Car prices, values, production numbers and local car clubs, always trust NADAguides.com.Get more info
Classic Car Overview
1973 Dodge Charger SE $13,000
White 1973 Dodge Charger SE 400 4 barrel with 107,000 miles. This car has been in my family for 25 years and has been in my possession for 9 of those 25 years. The radiator was recently replaced. The previous owner to my family was a car collector in Tennessee. It was restored by the previous owner in Tennessee. Please feel free to contact me if you are interested.
Frequently Asked Questions FAQs 1973 Dodge Charger SE
1. What is the engine? Is the engine original? The engine is a V8 400 4 barrel. To the best of my knowledge, the engine is original, but the carburetor may have been changed.
2. What is the condition of the engine, does it run and sound good? Does the drive train have any problems. Does it blow any black smoke? The condition of the engine is good. I drive it regularly without problems. Drive train seems to be in good condition. The car has never blown black smoke.
3. What is the condition of the transmission? The condition of the transmission is good, it shifts smoothly and reacts well.
4. Does is have bench or bucket seats? Bench seats with a folding center counsel in the front bench.
5. What color and material is the interior? The interior is black and off-black with mostly cloth with minor vinyl trim.
6. You mention the car being restored 25 years ago, can you give me any further info on the extent of work performed? I am unsure of the work that was performed as my grandfather was the one who purchased the car and then it was gifted to me. The restoration work was done by the individual who owned the car previously to my grandfather.
7. Does the car have AC? It is equipped with AC, but the AC does not blow cold.
8. What is the undercarriage condition? Amount of rust? The undercarriage is very good. Very minor surface rust.
9. Single or dual exhaust? Dual exhaust.
10. Headers or original manifold? Original manifold.
11. Are all electronics working? Any lights, horn, blinkers, indicators, or gauges not working? All of the gauges, electronics, lights, horn, and blinkers work properly.
12. What non-standard modifications have been made to the car? There were no non-standard modifications made to the car since it has been in my family and from my research and inspection, I do not believe there were any non-standard modifications made to the car by the previous owner(s).
13. Are there any maintenance issues you would like to see rectified? As far as problems with the car, it was partially restored approximately 30 years ago and has been kept in a dry garage with a concrete floor. The notable problems are: (1) a slit in the headliner; (2) minor surface rust where the metal rolls under the car; (3) minor surface rust near the bottom of the right rear panel behind the tire; (4) minor bubbling near the SE symbol of the black top; and (5) AC does not blow cold.
14. One of the pics appeared to show an oil leak. Where is this from? I am not sure the picture that is being referred to, but last summer the radiator blew and sprayed fluid everywhere. I had it replaced and repaired this spring, so if you see fluid somewhere, it is likely remnants of that. I have not noticed any oil leaking onto the garage floor.
15. One of the pics shows a possibly damaged leaf spring mount? Is this the result of an accident? Is it easily repairable? I do not know the cause of the leaf spring mount damage and have only been made aware of it since posting these pictures. The car has not been in any accidents since it has been in my family for 25 years. The car has driven fine for the 10 years I have had it. I am not a mechanic, so I cannot speculate as to the difficulty or necessity of repair work to the damaged leaf spring mount.
16. Is the title clean? Yes
17. Bondo? None to my knowledge.
18. Rust? Very minor surface rust in inconspicuous places.
19. All body panels. Is there any rust now? Has there been any body repairs? If so, was it done with metal or body filler? There was never any body work done by my family for the 25 years we owned the car. I do not believe there was any body work done on the car by the previous owner except for some touchup paint.
20. Interior. Overall condition? Missing or worn/damaged pieces? Is it like new, worn but in tact, or in need of a redo? The interior condition is like new. The only part of the interior that needs repair is the headliner has a slit in it as evidenced in the pictures posted online. A new headliner was purchased, but was never installed.
21. Drive train. Overall condition of engine and transmission? Can it be driven cross country? Last rebuilds if any? Engine and transmission run well and smoothly. I suppose you could drive it cross country, although I never drive it very far when I do drive it. Parts surrounding the engine have been replaced, but I do not know if there were ever any rebuilds of the engine specifically.
22. Suspension. Condition of shocks, tie rods, sway bars ect.? Tecently replaced or repaired parts? The suspension, shocks, tie rods, etc all seem to be in good condition. There are pictures of the underneath of the car posted online. It has been pointed out buy potential buyers that there may be some damage to one of the leaf spring mounts, but I do not have any further information on the cause or extent of the damage except to say that I have been driving it for 10 years and it hasn’t been a problem.
23. Underside/frame. Overall condittion with regard to rust...is it minor or extensive surface rust? Are floor and trunk panels solid? Have they been patched? Any thru rust? Any damage to frame from previous accidents? The underside/frame is in good condition. The rust is all minor surface if any. The car is from Tennessee and when it was in Ohio it was stored in a dry garage with a concrete floor. Has never seen salt/snow. The trunk has some surface rust, but nothing extensive. Pictures online of the trunk as well. The car was never in any accidents when it was in my family. There is no previous evidence of any accidents involving the car.
24. Drive. Does it drive true and straight. Any leaks? The car drives pretty straight, but there is a little bit of play in the steering wheel.
25. Tires ok for cross country drive? The tires are in fairly good condition, but again, I don't know if I would say they are good for a cross country drive as that is a lot of stress to put on old tires.
26. Would you accept payments? No. Payment must be in full upon purchase. You are responsible for obtaining your own financing if that is your desire.
27. Confident enough to drive the car across country or states? The car drives fine when I drive it, but the farthest trips I take in it are 1-hour-long trips (approximately 50 miles each way). I would suggest trailering the car over long distances because it is an old car, but in the end, it is up to the buyer what they decide. I will not warrant that the car will make a cross-country drive without any problems because, again, it is an old car.
1973 Dodge Charger SE Specifications
Classic Car ID101025458
CategoryMuscle & Pony Cars
ConditionRestored by previous owner
Trim Body Style
Transmission3 Speed Automatic
Custom Exterior ColorN/A
Classic Car Buyer and Seller Resources