1973 BMW 2002
Coupe Car for sale in York Beach, Maine 03910
York Beach, ME
If you like vintage Japanese cars, you'll want to check out Nissan's heritage site.
Classic Car Buyer's Tools
For the latest and most reliable Classic and Collectible Car prices, values, production numbers and local car clubs, always trust NADAguides.com.Get more info ›
Get THE LOWEST MONTHLY PAYMENTS! We are a nationwide collector car finance company with over a decade of experience serving our clients. Give us a call today at (800) 717-5180Apply now ›
Classic Car Overview
1973 BMW 2002 $16,000
I'm Not Worthy.
I found this rare car in remarkable condition in a barn where it had been hidden away for over twenty years. It needed some attention, but far less than I expected. Nevertheless, what it did need was done by Yankee craftsmen that have over 30 years each of high-caliber, professional bodywork and mechanical experience. We tackled all the major stuff (see below) with quality parts and materials to get it on the road (which was all I had originally planned to do) and then I found I was amazed at how much I love to drive it - it's tight, responsive, turns a lot of heads, and is just plain fun.
But by then I had realized that I am not the right guy to own a unique vehicle like this because - now that it's solid and reliable - I would just drive it until it was dead, and this car really needs someone that is really into classic autos to do it justice. I wish I didn't feel the need to sell it - because it's the best car I've ever owned - but I don't deserve a great car like this; it should belong to someone that will care for it properly.
- runs & drives prefectly
- shock towers are pristine
- frame and underbody sound
- last year of the round tail lights
- I am the third owner, second owner's records end in 1990 at odometer reading of 47,500 miles after the turn (147,500 miles).
- When I bought it, odometer was at 58,066, but by then the odometer gears had slipped and it stopped turning over.
- I put about a thousand miles on it before the 2016 engine rebuild, and about 200 miles after.
- Weber carb
- Mallory solid state ignition
- light-duty trailer hitch
Recent Restoration/Installed Parts - a partial list
- rebuilt engine (bored 40 thousandths over)
- glass-out, bare-metal body restoration (very few bad spots patched with new metal)
- epoxy primer (more durable than finish coats)
- new hi-grade brake lines throughout
- new calipers, pads, rear shoes
- new seals (windshield, back window, trunk, sunroof)
- new fuel pump
- carb rebuild
- new transmission mount
- speedo cable
- replaced coolant choke with electric
- PCV tank
- auxiliary 12v and USB outlets hidden below center console
- custom birdseye maple center console panel
Extra Parts For You
- new muffler
- odometer gear kit
- replacement turn signal switch
- additional trim
- original owner's manual
- BMW factory service manual
These are all the things I know of that are not perfect - all are minor, most fixes can be done over a weekend. None affect driveability.
- odometer not turning, kit included
- muffler near end of life, new muffler inclued
- speedo was working but jumpy - helper installed new cable, but didn't seat it properly - needs re-seating
- turn signals all work, but switch is spotty, new switch included
- drivers side door has a patch on the vinyl
- two or three cracks in the dashboard
- door locks are a little sticky
- a few bad connections/bulbs need attention behind the dash
1973 BMW 2002 Specifications
Classic Car ID100812284
Trim Body Style
Custom Exterior ColorEpoxy Primer
Classic Car Buyer and Seller Resources