1972 Pontiac Firebird Formula
Coupe Car for sale in Concord, California 94521
Concord, CA 94521
Burt Reynolds may have been the star, but it was the black 1977 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am that stole the show. There's nothing like seeing that Starlight Black Pontiac Firebird Trans Am emerge from the back of the Bandit's truck.
We've compiled a list of the greatest muscle cars of all time. Did your favorite make the list? Ask 20 muscle-car aficionados to identify the "best" muscle car of all time and you'll get 20 different answers.
Classic Car Overview
1972 Pontiac Firebird Formula 400 for sale. I've owned the car for about 18 years now, but need to sell based on lack of available time. :( 1972 was the lowest production year for Firebirds, and especially the Formulas. Only 5,250 Formulas were produced.
* Car was originally an automatic. The guy I bought it from converted it to a 4-spd. Muncie M-22.
* Car is a little rough. It has mostly sat for the last 10 years. Covered.
* Current CA registration.
* Car starts and runs.
* I rebuilt the original 400 engine about 15 years ago. Full rebuild with all new pistons, seals, cam, Edelbrok Performer intake and carb, shorty headers.
* Replaced original heads with casting number 46 Pontiac heads off a 428.
* Still have original heads.
* Original 10 bolt non-posi rear end, 2.73:1 ratio.
* AC car, however AC does not work.
* Have the original stock Rochester Quad 4-barrel carb. Not on the car, in a box with the car.
* Engine has about 2,000 miles on rebuild.
* Why did it sit for so long? I started doing the brakes about 10 years ago and got sick with a stomach issue that lingered. Didn't have much time and money to get back to it.
* As you can see in the pics, the car needs work.
* Car will start right up and sounds great.
* In addition, I have a spare passenger door for the Firebird. Window crank on passenger door is broken and I had bought the spare to use for replacement parts. Never got around to it. I have not included door in price, I'm just giving it included with the car.
Please email me with questions. Serious inquiries only!!
Classic Car ID101098266
CategoryMuscle & Pony Cars
ConditionDecent Condition, needs work
Transmission4 Speed Manual
Classic Car Buyer's Tools
Immediately receive a quote to get your new classic car delivered right to your driveway from Autotrader’s trusted Classic Transport Partner ShipYourCarNow. Click Now!
Get THE LOWEST MONTHLY PAYMENTS! We are a nationwide collector car finance company with over a decade of experience serving our clients. Give us a call today at (800) 717-5180 Apply now
For the latest and most reliable Classic and Collectible Car prices, values, production numbers and local car clubs, always trust NADAguides.com. Get more info
As the inventors of Agreed Value coverage, we understand the special nature of protecting a collectible vehicle. Every policy offers Agreed Value, Unlimited Mileage, No Deductible, Towing and Labor, Spare Parts Coverage and the flexibility of using the Repair Shop of Your Choice. Whether insuring a priceless historical vehicle or a weekend cruiser, no one knows more about insuring collector cars then Grundy. www.Grundy.com or 888-647-8636 Get Quotes Now