1972 Ford Mustang Convertible
Convertible Car for sale in Grand Blanc, Michigan 48439
Grand Blanc, MI 48439
Given that the 21st century has seen a sort of return to the roots aspect for the Mustang, it was probably only a matter of time before the Boss 302 made a return. Over the last few years there's been steady and growing interest in the concept of a new-age Trans Am Special.
Jim Clarke led the charge with the creation of the 5.0 HO V8 for the Mustang in 1982 and was responsible for the continuous improvement of the 5.0 throughout the '80s. What Jim and his team accomplished is truly amazing.
Classic Car Overview
- 351C–2V Rated hp=177@4000; Torque=284@2000; C.R=8.6:1 VIN=2F03H221253
- 54,839 original miles
- Tachometer, Fuel, Oil Pressure, Alternator, & Coolant Temp gages; Trip Odometer; Steering Wheel Rim Horn
- P/S, P/B, A/C, Hydraulic Convertible Top, Philco AM Radio
- Tires are 195-14 (1) Firestone and (3) Michelin, spare is a full size Michelin.
- Wheel covers are from Lincoln Mercury and came with the car
- This classic car was purchased directly from Ford Motor Company Engineering (1st owner) in Dearborn, MI by my wife (2nd owner) in 1973 before we were married. Car was originally scheduled for use by Ford as a back-up 4,000 mile emissions certification vehicle but was never needed, so it sat in the in-field of Ford’s Dearborn Test Track for its first year, unused, before being sold. My records of any maintenance work performed on this vehicle begin at the end of 1974 just before my wife and I were married. (These records in MS Excel format are available upon request.) During the years this car was driven we had a blast driving around with the top down or being in parades with public officials sitting high in the back seat waving to everyone.
- Car has been garaged since 1976. It was placed in retirement storage in 1984. In 1993 it was driven from the garage of our old home into the garage of our then new, and still current home and hasn’t moved since, due to a continual array of other ongoing family priorities. Since it has not moved in 25 years it should not be considered to be immediately drivable or road worthy.
- Car has never been in an accident but was stolen & recovered the next day, back in 1974.
- It was always my desire to restore this vehicle with my 2 sons, but their interests took them in different directions, and I have now lost my interest.
NOTEABLE AREAS OF AGE WEAR – (Original unrestored condition)
- Both vinyl interior door skins are age-hardened and have cracked/peeled
- Passenger seat and rear seat are in original, excellent condition. Stitching on driver side seat has split along several seams.
- Cloth roof has a 5-inch split caused by a kid’s hockey stick years ago before car was garaged.
- Adhesive on rear glass window is separating from roof material.
- Car was rust-proofed when new so the underbody of car and lower portions of doors are in excellent condition. There are several small thru-rust holes at back of rear wheel wells into trunk area.
- Fuel Tank has started to seep beneath one of the support straps. Will have to be cleaned and resealed.
If you have any questions please email (preferred) or text. If you call, you will have to leave a message since the line will not be answered. I will, however, get back with you.
Classic Car ID101032191
Classic Car Buyer's Tools
Immediately receive a quote to get your new classic car delivered right to your driveway from Autotrader’s trusted Classic Transport Partner ShipYourCarNow. Click Now!
JJ BEST BANC & CO, the leader in classic and collector car financing. Long terms, low rates, quick and easy approvals. J.J. Best offers financing for classic and collector vehicles from antique to modern. Let us help you drive your dream car today! Click or call 1-800-872-1965 to apply now! Click here
For the latest and most reliable Classic and Collectible Car prices, values, production numbers and local car clubs, always trust NADAguides.com. Get more info
As the inventors of Agreed Value coverage, we understand the special nature of protecting a collectible vehicle. Every policy offers Agreed Value, Unlimited Mileage, No Deductible, Towing and Labor, Spare Parts Coverage and the flexibility of using the Repair Shop of Your Choice. Whether insuring a priceless historical vehicle or a weekend cruiser, no one knows more about insuring collector cars then Grundy. www.Grundy.com or 888-647-8636 Get Quotes Now