1972 Ford Bronco
SUV Car for sale in Bellevue, Washington 98006
The Dodge Li'l Red Express set a standard on how to make a great performance truck. All Dodge Li'l Red Express trucks came from the factory painted in Bright Canyon Red in 1978 and Medium Canyon Red in 1979. Every Li'l Red Express was a regular cab Adventurer with a stepside bed.
Classic vintage Chevrolet pickup trucks are receiving growing interest among car enthusiasts. The most collectible muscle cars are numbers-matching survivors; the most sought-after vintage trucks are full custom builds.
Classic Car Overview
This is my 1972 Ford Bronco, and sadly its for sale.
This Bronco has been with our family for the past few years (awesome birthday gift from the wife), and has been a daily driver for the past year following an extensive mechanical restoration.
Considering the amount of money I put into the truck during my ownership, I was expecting to own it a quite bit longer than I actually realized. A recent move into Seattle has brought smaller streets, an even smaller garage, and Seattle drivers into the equation of owning the Bronco, and honestly its been difficult to justify having a hulking off-road beast in this increasingly urban environment.
When first I bought it, the Bronco came to me in great cosmetic and structural condition. The previous owners of this Bronco were all from the Southern California area, and it's condition definitely shows. Unfortunately in addition to this great cosmetic restoration, one of the previous owners of this Bronco took it upon themselves to ruin its look with some abhorrent chrome wheels and some low-profile tires. I promptly got rid of those as soon as I took ownership of the vehicle. But the vehicle did include some of the following notable features:
- Titanium Silver Rotisserie Paint Job
- A Warn 10000 lb Winch
- Separate Half-Cab Top with Half-Cab Partition
- Racing Bucket Seats with Four-Point Racing Harnesses
- A Water-proofed Rear Bench seat with same aforementioned harnesses
- Sony Marine-Rated CD Receiver with 4 High-output Speakers
- Push-Button Ignition
- Dakota Digital LED Instrument Cluster (Hence the weird aberration in the photos)
- Climate Control
- LED Beam Headlights w/ High-intensity Halogen Low-Beams/Rear Tracking Lights
- Custom Fabricated Front and Rear Bumpers (w/ trailer hitch receiver)
- TBP Lockable Center Console
- I-Pod Integration
- MK Wheels
In addition to refreshing this particular Bronco, and I also took this as an excuse to perform an extensive refresh of this Bronco's drivetrain, suspension, and mechanicals to perhaps to fit my particular needs (2000 miles ago).
I'm probably gonna miss a couple of things, but these include:
- A top-end rebuild of the Bored .30 Ford 302 Engine (which itself was a 1500 mile Crate Motor)
- New Edelbrock intake with Edelbrock 4-barrel performance carburetor
- New Edelbrock high performance mechanical fuel pump
- New WH fuel lines and fuel sending unit
- New aluminum radiator with custom-fabricated fan shroud
- New Pro-Billet Distributor
- New WH Spark Plug Wires, Heat Socks, Spark Plugs
- New Optima Red-Top Performance battery
- New WH High Torque-Reduction Starter
- New WH Heavy-Duty Power Steering Pump, Cooler, and Plumbing
- New WH Alternator and Power Steering Belts
- New WH Long-tubed Headers
- New custom-fabricated Y-fork exhaust with dual exit pipes and cherry bombs
- All manners of new heat-shields, shrouds, etc.
- Also included with the truck is the old exhaust system and old headers (which themselves were brand new. The system was reengineered due to extensive vapor-lock and excessive cabin heat but are yours should you want some art materials)
- New Bilstein Shocks all-round
- New leaf-springs in the rear
- Redesign multi-link front suspension
- New WH Body Lift Components
- New WH Front Disc Brake Kit Installed w/ Hydro Boost
- New Front Steering knuckles, spindles, bearings, etc.
- New Mickey Thompson Classic III wheels (5)
- New BF Goodrich Mud-Terrain T/A KM2s (5)
- Rebuilt Single-Stick Transfer Case (Dana 20)
- Rebuilt Dodge NV4500 5-Speed Transmission
- WH DNV4500 Transmission adaptor kit
- Rebuilt Front and Rear Dana 44 Axles
Essentially this Bronco was rebuilt again for the purposes of making it a reliable, reasonably comfortable, and immensely capable daily driver. Troubleshooting, engineering, and performing these fixes took many months, and it's been driving like a dream for the past couple months of almost daily driving.
Which makes it all the more frustrating for me having to get rid of it so soon. In an ideal world I'd love to keep this Bronco, but I have to make room for a new F-Type and Raptor and some new teenage-beaters coming in the near-future, which will keep me from driving it in the near future. Sure I could recoup some of the costs I ate building the Bronco by letting it sit (Hagerty's #1 Rated Collector Vehicle according to HVR), but that'd be just a waste.
It's current stored at a collector-car storage facility (The Shop) in downtown Seattle. Let me know if you have any questions or want any more photos/videos and I'll be happy to cater to them the best of my ability. And as always, price is negotiable. Thank you for your interest.
Classic Car ID101084708
Transmission5 Speed Manual
Classic Car Buyer's Tools
Immediately receive a quote to get your new classic car delivered right to your driveway from Autotrader’s trusted Classic Transport Partner ShipYourCarNow. Click Now!
Get THE LOWEST MONTHLY PAYMENTS! We are a nationwide collector car finance company with over a decade of experience serving our clients. Give us a call today at (800) 717-5180 Apply now
For the latest and most reliable Classic and Collectible Car prices, values, production numbers and local car clubs, always trust NADAguides.com. Get more info
As the inventors of Agreed Value coverage, we understand the special nature of protecting a collectible vehicle. Every policy offers Agreed Value, Unlimited Mileage, No Deductible, Towing and Labor, Spare Parts Coverage and the flexibility of using the Repair Shop of Your Choice. Whether insuring a priceless historical vehicle or a weekend cruiser, no one knows more about insuring collector cars then Grundy. www.Grundy.com or 888-647-8636 Get Quotes Now