1972 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe
The 1967 Corvette is considered the most-loved Corvette ever produced. The combination of classic C2 styling, along with an incredible array of powertrain and comfort options, makes it one of the most desirable Corvettes ever. Not bad for a car that was never supposed to be made!
The ZR-1's production run from 1990-95 was one of the most exciting times for Corvette enthusiasts in recent memory. In the mid-1980s, rumors of a "King of the Hill" Corvette began to leak out of Detroit and into America's speed shops and dealerships.
Classic Car Overview
1972 CORVETTE NUMBERS
SERIAL NUMBER 1Z37W25503662
TRIM 407 PAINT 972
CHEV 329 = 9/29/1971 BUILD DATE
MOTOR 125503662 BLOCK 1 9 71= SEPT 9, 1971
TRANS 125 503662 P 2 P 15A= 4 SPEED MUNCIE 1972 SEPT 15th DAY WIDE RATIO
EXHAUST MANIFOLD: RIGHT 3880828RH CASTING NUMBER ON INSIDE A23174
LEFT 3880821LH CASTING NUMBER GM ?A177
HEADS: LEFT 3999241 DATE 7/71
RIGHT 3998241 DATE 3/71
INTAKE: 1 20 071 CASTING NUMBER 6263783
AXLE: A W W 230 E 1 = 1971 3.08 WARREN, MICHIGAN 230th DAY OF YEAR EATON POSI 1971
DISTRIBUTOR: BAND 1112051
1972 LS5 Corvette Stingray Coupe
· N51 Tilt and telescopic steering wheel
· A85 Shoulder belts
· C60 Air Conditioning
· N40 Power Steering
· J50 Power brakes
· LS5 454
· M20 4-Speed manual transmission (wide Ratio)
· P02 Custom wheel covers
· U79 AM-FM stereo
· UA6 Alarm system
· Exterior color 972 Classic white
· Interior Color 407 Red
Mechanical Component Numbers:
· VIN: 1Z37W25503682
· Block: Cast 125503662 9-9-71
· Heads: L 3999241 Date 7-71; R 3998241 Date 3-71
· Intake1 20 071 casting #6263783
· Transmission Cast-125 503662 P 2 P 15 a 9-15-1972
· Differential Cast A W W 230 E= 1971 3.08 Warren, Michigan 230th day of year Eaton Posi
• Exhaust manifold R 3880828RH Casting #A23174; L 3880821LH Casting #?A177
· This car drives like a dream! It is a great tight ride! Everything works as it should. I would not hesitate to drive this car anywhere near or far.
· No disappointments here!! Please see all the pictures.
· This car is still in pristine condition it has never been driven in rain since restoration.
· The engine compartment and underside still looks like the pictures.
· NO RUST ANYWHERE!!! Is the best way to describe the frame on this car
· There are also no additional dents or cuts or welds.
· The frame was cleaned prior to priming and painting satin black.
· This is a body that has never been removed from frame.
· All body mounts are in good condition.
· All fender lips are perfect.
· All chrome bumpers were reconditioned and plated; exterior handles, badges and emblems were replaced
· The panel fit is typical of this year Corvette with most seams being a consistent width.
· Both doors open and close very smoothly as does the hood, roof panels and rear window.
· Car has all new weather stripping. Doors, hood, T-tops, rear glass
· The car was painted with metallic base coat / clear coat the correct Classic White and was color sanded to a high gloss.
· Doors were removed for painting, windshield was removed for resetting.
· Door glass received new window felts and gaskets (side view mirror and exterior door handles).
· Spare tire holder is original.
· Jack, handle, and spare tire are in place.
· Original numbers matching Engine retains many original hard to find components including distributor, it has original braded spark plug wires.
· The engine was professionally rebuilt when the restoration began.
· The engine has about 2500 miles since rebuilt and runs very strong.
· The carburetor was professionally rebuilt with all new shaft bushings and components.
· The distributor is original with the car and tach-drive gears are perfect.
· New Fan clutch, plugs, distributor cap, rotor, Mallory electronic, water pump, power steering pump, Aluminum radiator, belts 2/2015 due to age
· New trans & motor mounts, factory style heat riser and exhaust
· New battery, starter, and alternator.
· Manifolds were blasted and coated.
· New AC compressor, accumulator, hoses.
· Professionally rebuilt, new clutch, pressure plate, throw out bearing, flywheel cut/balanced and new shift linkage
· Shifts smoothly with no rattles.
· Rebuilt with all new bearings, seals, breather, and posi clutches.
· Filled with correct limited-slip fluid.
· Propeller & half shafts
· All were professionally balanced.
· All have new universal joints.
· The trailing arms were completely disassembled, blasted and painted.
· All new bearings, seals, dust guards, emergency brakes, bushings, and correct French- locks were used.
· Front and rear stabilizers received all new bushings.
· New Koni front and rear shocks.
· New stainless front and rear calipers, rotors, hoses, power booster, parking & brake shoes.
· Front spindles also received new bearings, seals, cork gaskets, etc.
· All wheel covers polished, painted and new medallion
· Tires were replaced 2/2015 due to age
· New correct cut-pile carpet, jute and insulation.
· New Seat belts retractors, buckles and latches.
· Seat frames were blasted and painted.
· New seat foams.
· New seat covers in correct style.
· Upper dash & console were replaced
· New door panels, window crank handles.
· All dash gauges including clock were cleaned, calibrated with new lenses
· Original AM-FM Stereo comes with the car replaced with [Corvette] Kenwood am-fm cassette.
· New headlight, wiper, climate, ignition, horn relay, light, brake & door switches.
I BOUGHT THIS UNTOUCHED ORIGINAL NO RUST VETTE FROM 2ND OWNER IN TN. IN 1999
. ALL PARTS WERE RESTORED/REBUILT/ REPLACED WITH GM/AC DELCO OR BETTER QUALITY
WAS OFFERED AT $57,770
Classic Car ID101043818
Transmission4 Speed Manual
Classic Car Buyer's Tools
Get THE LOWEST MONTHLY PAYMENTS! We are a nationwide collector car finance company with over a decade of experience serving our clients. Give us a call today at (800) 717-5180 Apply now
For the latest and most reliable Classic and Collectible Car prices, values, production numbers and local car clubs, always trust NADAguides.com. Get more info