1972 Chevrolet Chevelle SS
Coupe Car for sale in Sealy, Texas 77474
Sealy, TX 77474
The Chevrolet Chevelle is one of the most iconic muscle cars around.
Chevrolet introduced the Chevelle in 1963 as a 1964 model. Though quite large by today's standards, it was classified as a midsize car. What wasn't midsize was the level of passion garnered from the very beginning, a passion that has continued for decades.
Classic Car Overview
VIN is 1D37H2R595864
This Chevelle SS 454 Restomod began life at the Arlington Texas plant as a Chevelle Malibu 350 with a front bench seat and column shift, and four wheel drum brakes. It was rebuilt a few years ago as a 454 SS. Unfortunately it went to auction a few times before I picked it up so I do not have any of the paperwork and specs on the engine itself, but it does have a high lift cam for an amazing race loping idle, and it roars to life every time you touch the pedal---it loves to burn rubber. It needed more work to dial it in after the initial rebuild, which I have done, and some of which is as follows:
- New pan and seals for TH400 transmission. Functions flawlessly with no issues.
- Interior gutted, rust removed/converted, seams cleaned and re-sealed with AC/Delco seam sealer as needed, dynamat, sound deadening, heat shielding, and new red carpet laid down.
- Trunk also sound deadened and red matching mat installed with backing. Spare relocated to center and 12" sub installed in right rear quarter of trunk. Amps for speakers and subs installed under rear shelf.
- Brakes replaced and upgraded with Right Stuff and Willwood components--front disc four piston front and factory drums rear with correct master cylinder, diaphragm and proportioning valves for consistent and strong power braking with no lock up.
- Added Moog BB front coils, new KYB shocks at all four corners, new polyurethane coil bushings in rear, and 1" lift in rear for improved stance. Handling and ride is solid and not harsh nor floaty. See picture of car with dusty rear tires for new stance.
- Rear diff has highway gearing and is a 10 bolt with upgraded beefy four link control arms with adjustable upper arms. Rear tires are overside for lower RPM on highway cruising.
- Stereo has been redone with JL audio amps fed by a Kenwood head unit with reamp output. Alpine tweeters are in dash pad and 2 way speakers in kick panels with 3 way JL Audio 6x9's on rear shelf. 12" sub in trunk is also JL audio.
- Factory rear seat was recently reupholstered in white, TMI center console, and Pro-Car seats with better comfort, stability, and adjustibility over stock--all color matched.
- Sound deadening in doors. New seals to reduce wind noise as well.
- AC converted to new R134 system with new pressure switch.
- New GM 3 point seatbelts and three occupant rear seat belts.
- New Flowmaster Super 44's just installed.
Vehicle is kept in a climate controlled garage and occasionally driven. This vehicle needs no work to run and drive and is ready to play. Clean Texas title in hand, in my name--you will deal directly with the owner (me).
Classic Car ID101288168
CategoryMuscle & Pony Cars
ConditionDaily Driver Restomod
Transmission3 Speed Automatic
Classic Car Buyer's Tools
Immediately receive a quote to get your new classic car delivered right to your driveway from Autotrader’s trusted Classic Transport Partner ShipYourCarNow. Click Now!
JJ BEST BANC & CO, the leader in classic and collector car financing. Long terms, low rates, quick and easy approvals. J.J. Best offers financing for classic and collector vehicles from antique to modern. Let us help you drive your dream car today! Click or call 1-800-872-1965 to apply now! Click here
For the latest and most reliable Classic and Collectible Car prices, values, production numbers and local car clubs, always trust NADAguides.com. Get more info
Considering buying a new classic? Get a quote before you buy. Agreed value, lowest rates. Go with Grundy Insurance, www.Grundy.com or 888-647-8636 Get Quotes Now