1971 Volkswagen Vans
Van Car for sale in Silverton, Oregon 97381
The Volkswagen Kombi van reached iconic status, with even a school lunch box fashioned in its image. During those early years, the Volkswagen Microbus morphed into various forms. From a cargo carrier with no windows behind the driver's seat to a windowed passenger van with three rows of seats, the possibilities seemed endless.
If you're a fan of vintage Japanese cars, be sure to check out Nissan's online heritage site. There are tons of vintage Nissan pics and specs going all the way back to the 1920s. Each featured car or truck has relevant specs and a little "detail" tab that gives some background on that specific car.
Classic Car Overview
Classic Volkswagen Type 2 bus that has spent its life in Oregon. My son spotted this rare find that had been sitting untouched for 17 years! We were told it drove into a perfect parking spot and never moved for its long hibernation.
After cleaning off years and years of dust and spider webs, we went to work to get it looking respectable again. The engine needed a complete tune-up and all new fluids. The brakes were all seized, and the tires were shot. We've spent thousands on this thing so that it could be the perfect rad rot and future restoration project.
- Full engine tune-up, runs strong with good compression
- Re-keyed all of the doors to match the ignition
- Cleaned and added rust inhibitor to the metal and covered with a quality primer
- Brand new brakes all around - professionally installed
- Added primer to all bus panels and painted the wheels
- Brand new tires
- Purchased expensive and hard to find middle seat
- New front seat pads and covers from Wolfsburg West
- Missing various minor parts (door handle, reflector, etc)
- Missing various interior panels and back seat
- Various dings and dents all around the bus
- Side door operational but needs some TLC, back door lock seized shut
- Can't get it to go into reverse, but all other gears work, and clutch feels good
These bay window buses continue to become rarer and rarer and more expensive year after year. This one is a great find and has much, much less rust than many other candidates. I tried to convince my son to keep this bus, but he wants to sell it to purchase an old Subaru instead. Feel free to ask any questions.
Classic Car ID101601713
Drivetrain2 wheel drive - rear
Classic Car Buyer's Tools
Transport your classic or collectible car the high tech way. It starts with an instant guaranteed quote on our easy-to-use online service. Then you receive real time updates from pick up to drop off, so you know where your car is every mile of the way. Click Now!
Get THE LOWEST MONTHLY PAYMENTS! We are a nationwide collector car finance company with over a decade of experience serving our clients. Give us a call today at (800) 717-5180 Apply now
For the latest and most reliable Classic and Collectible Car prices, values, production numbers and local car clubs, always trust NADAguides.com. Get more info
Considering buying a new classic? Get a quote before you buy. Agreed value, lowest rates. Go with Grundy Insurance, www.Grundy.com or 888-647-8636 Get Quotes Now