Round Rock, TX 78681
The Chevrolet Chevelle is one of the most iconic muscle cars around.
Chevrolet introduced the Chevelle in 1963 as a 1964 model. Though quite large by today's standards, it was classified as a midsize car. What wasn't midsize was the level of passion garnered from the very beginning, a passion that has continued for decades.
Classic Car Overview
1971 Chevrolet Chevelle SS-454
Mint condition, Nevada Silver with black hood and deck stripes. True SS car with 19,000 miles, possibly the lowest mileage SS-454 in existence. (Sold at Barrett Jackson for $62K in 2011). Documented with the factory build sheet that goes with the car. Built at the Baltimore GM assembly plant on September 9, 1970. Not a numbers matching car now but extremely nice. Has A/C, power steering, power brakes, (front disc), and a Tremec 5-speed transmission.
• New high performance big block 454-475 HP from Pro-formance Unlimited crate engine
• Fully seasoned Gen VI 454 4 bolt main block (Parts below were installed in new crate motor)
• Eagle cast steel crankshaft
• Eagle I-beam connecting rods with ARP bolts
• High performance pistons and edlebrock intake (RPM)
• Clevite P series rods and main bearings
• Performance rings hand filed to match application
• Rotating assembly balanced
• Comp Cam custom roller performance camshaft. Roller lifters, rockers, three piece double roller timing set
• Edelbrock rectangular port aluminum performance cylinder heads, 7/16 screw in studs and hardened guide plates
• Manley chrome moly push rods
• Melling high volume oil pump and screen
• Edelbrock performance aluminum intake manifold
• Holley carburetor w/electric choke
• MSD Pro-billet distributor, MSD 6AL ignition control, MSD high torque starter, MSD HI-Vibration coil
• March serpentine pulley/belt kit
• CNC polished aluminum brackets
• Polished aluminum pulleys
• Tremec TKO 600 transmission with racing clutch
• New hydraulics for clutch, (versus mechanically actuated)
• Dyno tested 564 HP.
Car also has new suspension front and rear, all new LED light bulbs in dash, radio with MP3 player, I-phone/I-pod connector. Runs and drives great in town and on the highway. Cowl induction hood and all work fine. $50K in receipts! I'm sure I'm leaving a few more things out that have been done or replaced. State inspection was done in January. Never on track, built for personal use and enjoyment. Adult owned. I don't have to sell, just too many toys. No trades, no brokers, tire kickers please. Also comes with factory tires/wheels, and a nice aftermarket set. Call Jim at 512-417-8830.
Classic Car ID
Muscle & Pony Cars
Classic Car Buyer's Tools
Additional Buying Resources