1970 Plymouth Barracuda
We've compiled a list of the greatest muscle cars of all time. Did your favorite make the list? Ask 20 muscle-car aficionados to identify the "best" muscle car of all time and you'll get 20 different answers.
The Shelby GT350 wasn't the only high-performance Mustang available if you wanted a fast pony.
Classic Car Overview
1970 Plymouth AAR 'Cuda. Mileage is 85237. The car is equipped with Power Brakes, Power Steering, Automatic Transmission and Bucket Seats. I have owned the car since 2003, and completed the restoration and have always stored in heated and humidity control environment.
This ‘Cuda is a two-tag car- first tag shows the build information, the second tag is the Trans Am verification tag. Panel fitment is excellent.
The engine compartment is nicely detailed. The car is finished in original colors and trim. The brightwork on the car is excellent.
The motor is period correct (340 cubic inch LA V8 that's authenticated with 3577130TA casting number, a November (11) 25th (25), 1969 (69) casting date. D32: Heavy duty automatic transmission, rear axle (Sure Grip differential and 3.55 gears) and radiator are original to the car.
The car runs and drives very well. I have done considerable work on the carb and timing so it runs very well on premium pump gas. Mufflers replaced about 2 years ago.
The hood that is on the car is a reproduction that is identical to the original mold and tooling. I have the original hood that was professional restored and is primed and stored in packing crate. I also have the original exhaust manifolds, the very rare automatic transmission linkage assembly that protects car from being started while in gear and other spare parts. Car comes with a binder of all kinds of documentation, the build sheet and cloth cover.
* E55: 340 cubic inch V8 that utilizes one 4-barrel carburetor to produce 275 horsepower
* D32: Heavy duty automatic transmission
* B: Plymouth 'Cuda
* S: Special (AAR 'Cuda)
* 23: 2-door hardtop
* J: 340 SIX BARREL V8 that utilizes three 2-barrel carburetors to create 290 horsepower
* 0: 1970 model year
* B: Assembled at Dodge Main in Hamtramck, Michigan
* 305229: Production Sequence Number
* FE5: Rallye Red body paint
* H: High Trim Grade interior
* 6: Vinyl bucket seats
* X9: Black interior
* 000: Full door panels
* 414: Assembled on April 14th, 1970
* M05829: Sequential Build number
* FE5: Rallye Red roof paint
* A62: Rallye Instrument Group
* A53: Trans Am Package
* B51: Power brakes
* C16: Woodgrain console
* C55: Bucket seats
* G36: LH Remote racing mirror painted
* J45: Hood pins
* J82: Aerodynamic rear spoiler
* M21: Drip rail moldings
* M88: Rear deck molding treatment
* N44: Side-exit exhaust
* N85: Tachometer
* N94: Fiberglass 'Fresh Air' hood
* R11: 2-watt Solid State AM radio
* V6H: Black, longitudinal Trans Am stripes
* Y05: Built to United States specifications
* 26: 26-inch radiator
* EN1: End of codes, assembly line one
* TRANS AM: Designated Trans Am Program car
* Date Correct 340 cubic inch LA V8 / Correct SIX BARREL carburetion
* Correct A727 TorqueFlite 3-speed automatic transmission
* Correct Rally Red Paint / Correct AAR aesthetics
* Correct Black vinyl interior
* Correct 8.75-inch rear axle / Sure Grip differential / 3.55 gears
* Correct power front disc and rear drum brakes
* Correct side-exit exhaust
* Correct staggered Rallye Wheels
The AAR Cuda was produced during the months of March and April, 1970. Production of the AAR began on March 10 and continued until April 17. There were only about 2,724 AAR Cudas produced in the six week time period. There were 1,120 produced with manual 4-speed transmissions, and the remaining 1,614 had the automatic 3-speed transmissions.
Classic Car ID101054338
CategoryMuscle & Pony Cars
Transmission3 Speed Automatic
Classic Car Buyer's Tools
JJ BEST BANC & CO, the leader in classic and collector car financing. Long terms, low rates, quick and easy approvals. J.J. Best offers financing for classic and collector vehicles from antique to modern. Let us help you drive your dream car today! Click or call 1-800-872-1965 to apply now! Click here
For the latest and most reliable Classic and Collectible Car prices, values, production numbers and local car clubs, always trust NADAguides.com. Get more info