1970 Chevrolet C/K Truck
Truck Car for sale in NEWPORT BEACH, California 92660
From around 1956 until the mid 1980s, Dodge, Plymouth and even Chrysler squads were the most ubiquitous police cars in North America. In fact, the biggest department, the NYPD, used Plymouth and Dodge squads almost exclusively until the rear-drive M body car was finally axed in 1989.
The no-frills Savoy two-door sedan was home to another engine of considerable repute, the infamous 413 Max Wedge, a Super Stock monster block Chrysler introduced in the spring of 1962.
Classic Car Overview
1970 Chevy C-10 Long Bed Truck:
This 1970 Chevy C-10 long bed has been converted to a 1972 look and is the perfect Father/Son project truck, since it runs like a champ and simply needs a little cosmetic work.
This truck is loaded with aftermarket and custom features:
1. New In Crate 350 Block that has been bored 0.030 over.
2. Heads are 1989 Trans Am 350 heads that have been ported/polished.
3. New Summit Racing valve springs/locks and comp pushrods.
4. New JEGS Performance Parts aluminum 1.6 ratio full roller rockers.
5. Edlebrock intake performer topped by a Holley with center hung floats and dual inlet feed.
6. K&N style air cleaner on top.
7. Ignition is a Chevy large cap HEI with new wires.
8. Cam is a Lunati Voodoo 262 grind.
9. Hedman Headers exhaust with 2.25" pipes and 50series Flowmasters.
10. Th350 transmission with a B&M valve body. - There is no passing gear kick down, so it has to be shifted down manually. Very solid, nice shifts.
11. Alternator has been changed to an internally regulated style and is new.
12. Rear end was rebuilt several years ago with all new pinion, carrier bearings and auxiliary airbags in the rear. - Custom rear sway bar was added and built from a Z28 bar at that time. While the truck has been lowered for visual effects, you can still haul and even tow. This bad boy has towed a 2 horse trailer before without any issues.
13. Doetsch Tech drop shocks on all 4 corners and it has a receiver hitch, but no wiring currently. - Shock Relocator brackets were added to straighten out the shock geometry from lowering and ensure a smooth ride.
Front suspension was rebuilt several years ago. The front brakes have been converted into 6 lug discs. 12x1.25" rotors. Used 1972 spindles with special rotors. The entire truck was lowered 3" with drop springs. Truck drives fantastic and doesn't wear the tires at all. Wheels are 15x10 Centerline Hellcats on all 4 corners wrapped in yokahoma 275/60r15 rubber. Front sway bar was changed from the small ½ ton unit to the 1.25" diameter ¾ ton bar. Poly bushings in both front and rear suspension. Poly body mount bushings as well.
15. Power steering has new tie rods, bearings, u joints, etc.
16. Power disc brakes up front and new drums, shoes and springs in back.
17. Custom gas tank set-up. - The gas tank was removed from the cab and the hole welded shut. A poly blazer tank was installed in the rear and a custom filler was fabricated behind the rear marker light (see photos for details).
Added delay wipers.
Newer Extang black max tonneau cover.
Carpet and weatherstripping were replaced about 4 years ago.
Stereo is a JVC head unit with aux input and built in HD radio. There is a Kenwood amp and a polk C4 subwoofer behind the seat. Pioneer 6x9 door speakers and polk monitors on the dash. Not hooked up right now but pre wired ready to go.
Heater controls were replaced with "unbreakable" levers and metal knobs.
Marker lights are smoothie flush mount van pieces.
It's powered by a 350 with a th350 transmission. 12 bolt rear end with 3.08 gears.
Most Recent Additions:
- New In Crate 350 Block installed at 46,674 miles on the odometer (still under warranty at Mater Mechanix Automotive in Huntington Beach) - 12/13
- New Grand Prix All Season tires installed at 48,237 miles on the odometer (Les Schwab Tires warranty)
- Power Steering Pump replaced - 10/14
- Headlights & Brakelights replaced - 11/14
- Steering Gear Box replaced - 1/16
- OTRs, ITRs, Adjustment Sleeves, Pitman Arm and Idler Arms replaced - 1/16
- Holley & Barrel 1850 Carburetor overhaul - 8/18
- Alternator & belt replaced - 8/18
- Last Tune-up - 8/18
Classic Car ID101004123
ConditionPerfect Project: Mechanically sound, needs cosmetic work
Custom ColorMetallic Blue
Classic Car Buyer's Tools
Immediately receive a quote to get your new classic car delivered right to your driveway from Autotrader’s trusted Classic Transport Partner ShipYourCarNow. Click Now!
Get THE LOWEST MONTHLY PAYMENTS! We are a nationwide collector car finance company with over a decade of experience serving our clients. Give us a call today at (800) 717-5180 Apply now
For the latest and most reliable Classic and Collectible Car prices, values, production numbers and local car clubs, always trust NADAguides.com. Get more info
As the inventors of Agreed Value coverage, we understand the special nature of protecting a collectible vehicle. Every policy offers Agreed Value, Unlimited Mileage, No Deductible, Towing and Labor, Spare Parts Coverage and the flexibility of using the Repair Shop of Your Choice. Whether insuring a priceless historical vehicle or a weekend cruiser, no one knows more about insuring collector cars then Grundy. www.Grundy.com or 888-647-8636 Get Quotes Now