1969 Mercury Cougar
We've compiled a list of the greatest muscle cars of all time. Did your favorite make the list? Ask 20 muscle-car aficionados to identify the "best" muscle car of all time and you'll get 20 different answers.
The Shelby GT350 wasn't the only high-performance Mustang available if you wanted a fast pony.
Classic Car Overview
We have here a sexy, black 69 Mercury Cougar Convertible. Ive enjoyed restoring it and driving it for the last 10 years, but I need some cash and its time to let her go. These are rarethey only made about 5800 convertibles. This triple black version has a Holly 4bbl, 351W motor matched to a FMX trans. I bought it on eBay from California, although I do not believe its a western car due to the rust. I've replaced nearly every panel with rust-free California panels before painting it black so body panel rust is no longer a problem. However, like most convertibles, the frame needs repair and the floor pans are toast and should be replaced.
The 10 Best things:
1. Priced to sell clean title, registered and plated.
2. Looks good from 20 ft. Paint is fair, some scratches and swirls but waxes up nicely.
3. Starts every time and runs smoothly.
4. Cragar rims and low mileage BF Goodrich tires.
5. Moroso chrome valve covers, air cleaner and exhaust tips.
6. New shocks, brakes, battery, aluminum radiator.
7. New carpet and recent stereo and speakers.
8. Has all glass, decent rag top and cover boot.
9. Have full size spare, working taillights, uninstalled vacuum system for front light doors.
10. Gets thumbs ups and compliments at every stoplight.
The 10 worst things:
1. Definitely not numbers matching and will never be a show car.
2. Previously mentioned rust issues in floor and undercarriage.
3. Tranny is pulsing? Drives fine but disengages/reengages after a stop. No idea whats wrong.
4. Needs new suspension soft parts (bushings) and maybe tie rod ends
5. Exhaust is less than perfect sufficient but due for new pipes front to back.
6. Passenger side rear quarter dent shown in picture.
7. Small dimple in hood where air cleaner nut pushed though (ugh!!!).
8. Doors are sagging and push button handles need adjustment.
9. Horn and some gauges dont work cant remember which ones?
10. Top goes up and down manually has the motors but they need attention.
My fix list order is 1) trans repair, 2) suspension, 3) floor pans, 4) vacuum light install, 5) doors and windows. I wasnt going to repair the dent or the soft top motors (never rains in AZ).
Id love to keep her and frankly, if she doesnt sell, Im happy to keep her around for more financially healthier times. In other words, no need for lowball offers.
Walk around https://youtu.be/v64yHUnpJgc
Stating up https://youtu.be/1eP8u3oB09M
Classic Car ID101008405
CategoryMuscle & Pony Cars
Transmission3 Speed Automatic
Classic Car Buyer's Tools
JJ BEST BANC & CO, the leader in classic and collector car financing. Long terms, low rates, quick and easy approvals. J.J. Best offers financing for classic and collector vehicles from antique to modern. Let us help you drive your dream car today! Click or call 1-800-872-1965 to apply now! Click here
For the latest and most reliable Classic and Collectible Car prices, values, production numbers and local car clubs, always trust NADAguides.com. Get more info