1969 Chevrolet El Camino
Car for sale in Belmont, California 94002
Belmont, CA 94002
From around 1956 until the mid 1980s, Dodge, Plymouth and even Chrysler squads were the most ubiquitous police cars in North America. In fact, the biggest department, the NYPD, used Plymouth and Dodge squads almost exclusively until the rear-drive M body car was finally axed in 1989.
The no-frills Savoy two-door sedan was home to another engine of considerable repute, the infamous 413 Max Wedge, a Super Stock monster block Chrysler introduced in the spring of 1962.
Classic Car Overview
Car was featured in Tony Huntimer's book How to Build and Modify GM Protouring Street MachinesFRAME/CAGE
- custom 2" x 3" x 1/8" rectangular tube frame
- 12 point cage with hefty backbone structure. Main cage is 2" x 1/8 seamless tubing and incorporates tubing of various sizes for bracing
- custom unequal length control arms with large screws in ball joints
- Stock Car Products spindles and hubs ( 5on 5")
- Stock Car Products steering arms
- custom steering linkage with Saginaw 605 power steering box
- Hypercoil 600lb/in springs on Koni single adjustable circle track coilover shocks
- Speedway Engineering hollow tube sway bar
- caster, camber, and toe are fully adjustable.
- 12 bolt axle w/2.56 gears and Eaton posi
- custom fabricated three link
- customer fabricated rocker arm suspension
- Koni circle track single adjustable coilovers with 200lb/in springs
- removable chromoly back brace
- Wilwood Superlite IIA four piston calipers all around.
- Coleman vented rotors all around - 13" x 1 3/8" front / 12" x 1 3/8" rear
- braided lines to each caliper
- non power cast iron GM master cylinder
- 17 x 9.5 and 17 x ll Center line Billet Star Wheels
- Michelin Pilot Sport Tires - 275x 40 x 17 front/ 335x 17 rear
- th400 with shift kit
- Dart Little M cast iron block
- 383 cubic inches
- Crower 4340 chromoly crank
- Crower Sportsman Stroker chromoly rods
- Wiseco 8:1 turbo pistons- ceramic coated tops, Teflon coated skits, floating pins
- Custom ground Elgin hydraulic flat tappet cam
- Cloyes True Roller chain
- Moly push rods
- Harland Sharp rockers.
Classic Car ID101104195
Classic Car Buyer's Tools
Immediately receive a quote to get your new classic car delivered right to your driveway from Autotrader’s trusted Classic Transport Partner ShipYourCarNow. Click Now!
JJ BEST BANC & CO, the leader in classic and collector car financing. Long terms, low rates, quick and easy approvals. J.J. Best offers financing for classic and collector vehicles from antique to modern. Let us help you drive your dream car today! Click or call 1-800-872-1965 to apply now! Click here
For the latest and most reliable Classic and Collectible Car prices, values, production numbers and local car clubs, always trust NADAguides.com. Get more info
As the inventors of Agreed Value coverage, we understand the special nature of protecting a collectible vehicle. Every policy offers Agreed Value, Unlimited Mileage, No Deductible, Towing and Labor, Spare Parts Coverage and the flexibility of using the Repair Shop of Your Choice. Whether insuring a priceless historical vehicle or a weekend cruiser, no one knows more about insuring collector cars then Grundy. www.Grundy.com or 888-647-8636 Get Quotes Now