1969 Chevrolet Chevelle SS
The Chevrolet Chevelle is one of the most iconic muscle cars around.
Chevrolet introduced the Chevelle in 1963 as a 1964 model. Though quite large by today's standards, it was classified as a midsize car. What wasn't midsize was the level of passion garnered from the very beginning, a passion that has continued for decades.
Classic Car Overview
* Beautiful 1969 Chevelle SS Resto-Mod/Pro-Touring that's benefitted from a detailed restoration
* Fresh and original 396 CID Chevrolet V8 built to L78 specifications
* Offenhauser Sonic Intake fitted with a new Holly Sniper EFI System and Holley Hyper Spark ignition system
* New Flex-o-Lite Cooling system including aluminum radiator, electric fans, and controller
* New Tremec T56 Magnum 6-speed manual transmission and actuator system
* Sanderson headers and 3-inch stainless steel exhaust flowing through MagnaFlow mufflers
* 12-bolt Eaton Limited Slip rear end and Strange Engineering axles
* New Wilwood 6-piston front and 4-piston rear power disc brakes
* QA1 Stage 2 handling package including front and rear coil over double adjustable shocks
* Tubular upper and lower control arms, boxed lower trailing arms, and adjustable upper trailing arms
* Vintage air conditioning
* Dakota Digital RTX Gauges
* American Auto Wire and Dakota Digital wiring harnesses used throughout
* Dapper Headlights and sequential LED taillights
* Custom Auto Sound (Bluetooth and satellite) stereo using JL Audio speakers, subwoofer, and power amplifiers
* Interior and trunk matted with Vibro Solution sound deadener
* American Racing Wheels wearing Nitto 555 Tires
* Complete custom TMI Interior including power windows, locks and remote opener
* Ring Brothers hood hinges and hardware used throughout
* Complete photographic history and receipts for everything completed during the build
* All Precious Metal Classic Car Sales vehicles receive a comprehensive, multi-point inspection
* We can ship your new classic anywhere in the world
What happens when you add some of the highest-grade components to an original 1969 Chevelle SS? You come up with this cool piece of Americana that'll turn heads anywhere it goes! Many muscle car enthusiasts would not even think of modifying this matching numbers icon, but the builders of this car had another idea in store. Sure we're oversimplifying a bit, but you get the idea. Read on and you'll see what this unique build has to offer.
We start off wrapping solid sheet metal with the cars original code 72 Monaco Orange using the modern paint technology we've got today. Follow that with the required sanding and buffing needed to bring this car to a glamorous shine. Not wanting to take away from the body's original razor-sharp body lines, we simply add the standard SS side striping. At the front of its gloss, the famous Super Sport grill centers a legendary SS396 emblem between the newly installed LED headlights. The new chrome bumper, trim and brightwork have either been restored or replaced. Behind that grille, a Chevelle-branded header leads to the chrome-trimmed Super Sport hood. At the sides, a muscular profile centers traditional door handles and mirrors. At the back, the SS-spec taillights have been internally modified to accommodate some of the coolest sequential LED taillights we've seen!
Few cars fit the 'muscle car' description better than a Chevelle. Having the rebuilt engine modified to L78 specs makes this 396 CID Chevrolet big block twist some hearty horsepower into miles of tire torching torque! At the top of that legendary mill, a trick spinner secures a custom color matched Chevrolet embossed air cleaner. Follow that with the Offenhauser Sonic intake fitted with a new Holley Sniper EFI and Holley Hyper Spark ignition system and now you have reliability. The cylinder heads rock some custom color matched Chevrolet embossed matching valve covers while Sanderson header tubes take care of the spent gasses. Billet serpentine pulleys spin a polished alternator, power steering components, and the Vintage Air A/C compressor. Keeping things cool is the all new Flex-o-Lite Cooling system that mates to the aluminum radiator, electric fans, and controller. And the car's Satin Black engine bay is dotted with braided lines, corrugated hoses, trick brackets, a dual diaphragm brake booster and new Wilwood master cylinder. Wiring is handled by Dakota Digital and American Auto Wire wiring harnesses.
Bottom-side, the monster mill kicks a brand new tough Tremec T56 Magnum 6-speed transmission twisting a new Eaton 12-bolt rear end and Strange Engineering axles. Suspension duties are handled by the QA1 Stage 2 handling package comprised of front and rear coil over double adjustable shocks, tubular upper and lower control arms, boxed lower trailing arms, and adjustable upper trailing arms. Turns come courtesy of a new power Borgeson quick-ratio steering box. Stops are provided by Willwood calipers front and rear. The 3-inch all stainless exhaust is a work of art as are the matching MagnaFlow mufflers. American Racing Wheels wearing Nitto 555 Tires give this car a killer stance and refined look.
This coupe's restoration includes a resto looking TMI interior that's highly functional and reliably timeless! The bucket seats face a new dash with the Dakota Digital gages mimicking the SS396-spec deluxe instrumentation. New carpet with Vibro Solution sound deadening material gives you a quieter ride. Also installed are the TMI door panels, custom kick panels, and a specially designed rear package tray that compliments the killer custom stereo. TMI supplied the new console that holds the power window switches just behind the requisite shifter for the 6-speed transmission. A complimenting Billet Specialties custom wheel mounted to the Ididit tilting steering column rounds out the package.
Visit PMClassicCars.Com to see all the pictures and a great video of this car. Call or Text Tris at 574-276-1326 to find out about all the details!
- Classic Car ID101894483
- Stock Number10060
- CategoryMuscle & Pony Cars
- Body StyleCoupe
- Mileage1,683 miles
- Engine8 Cylinder
- Drivetrain2 wheel drive - rear
- Transmission6 Speed Manual
- Exterior ColorOrange
- Interior ColorBlack
- Seat ColorBlack
Classic Car Buyer's Tools
Immediately receive a quote to get your new classic car delivered right to your driveway from Autotrader’s trusted Classic Transport Partner ShipYourCarNow. Click Now!
J.J. BEST BANC & CO., is the largest lender of its type in the country -- providing financing for collector cars. J.J. Best offers low rates, long terms, and no prepayment penalties. Visit our website at www.jjbest.com or call 800.USA.1965 to receive a quick approval. Need to refinance or insurance? We can help you with that too! Click here
For the latest and most reliable Classic and Collectible Car prices, values, production numbers and local car clubs, always trust NADAguides.com. Get more info
Considering buying a new classic? Get a quote before you buy. Agreed value, lowest rates. Go with Grundy Insurance, www.Grundy.com or 888-647-8636 Get Quotes Now