1969 Buick Skylark Convertible
Convertible Car for sale in MOUNT HOREB, Wisconsin 53572
MOUNT HOREB, WI 53572
From around 1956 until the mid 1980s, Dodge, Plymouth and even Chrysler squads were the most ubiquitous police cars in North America. In fact, the biggest department, the NYPD, used Plymouth and Dodge squads almost exclusively until the rear-drive M body car was finally axed in 1989.
The no-frills Savoy two-door sedan was home to another engine of considerable repute, the infamous 413 Max Wedge, a Super Stock monster block Chrysler introduced in the spring of 1962.
Classic Car Overview
For Sale 1969 Buick Skylark California Custom Convertible in very good unrestored condition. This was originally a factory order delivered in September 1968 and I purchased it 3 years ago from original owner in Colorado. Car has clear title and was driven from CO to WI with no issues and is now driven here occasionally in summer on short day trips. Original owner stated vehicle had never been in an accident, shows no visible damage or filler on body panels, is completely original and un-restored except for a new white vinyl top and new 2 stage paint. Vehicle odometer is accurate and reads aprox 95,000 miles. Terms are cash and sale price is $16,000.
· White fabric top with glass rear window – raises and lowers fine with electric motor.
· 350-2 engine
· Automatic 3 speed transmission with column shifter
· Positraction rear end
· Speed alert
· Tilt Steering Wheel
· Bench Seats – front has fold down arm rest
· Original working AM-FM Radio
· All original Black Vinyl interior & seats
· Original Jack & Lug Wrench
· Included are; Original (voided) Title, Chassis and Body Service Manuals, Original 1969 Showroom Brochure, Original Owner’s Manual, Original Service Plate/Card
· Original color was Verde Green. Car was professionally stripped and professionally painted in Autumn Firemist in the 80’s. Car was repainted in 2016 with 2-stage Autumn Firemist. Paint is in very good condition and no surface rust or blistering is visible (see pics).
· Seam on White convertible roof has small area of damage (aprox 3 inches see pic). Original top was black.
· Front hood “BUICK” emblem letters were not reinstalled after last painting and are included (see pic).
· Drivers side seat back has small tear and driver side bottom seat cushion has small seam tears (see pic).
· Front grill top has small crack and was repaired (see pic).
· Outside fresh air vent hand pulls are hard to operate and may need lubrication or service.
· Windshield was replaced and has a couple of minor road blemishes.
· Exhaust has been recently replaced
· Engine runs fine with no obvious noise or smoke and pulls strong. Carburetor may need new accelerator pump as it seems to dry out after it sits for several days and may require priming. Alternator, Voltage Regulator, Valve Cover Gaskets, Spark plugs, Points and Starter had been recently replaced when I purchased it.
· Hi beam indicator light on dash does not work.
· Vehicle was kept in Co except for 2 years in the 70’s and has little to no rust. Floor, trunk and frame are solid.
Note; The descriptions and disclosure reflect the vehicle’s condition to the best of my knowledge. The car is in great driver shape and would be a great candidate for a complete period restoration.
Classic Car ID101268047
ConditionGood to very good unrestored.
Transmission3 Speed Automatic
Classic Car Buyer's Tools
Immediately receive a quote to get your new classic car delivered right to your driveway from Autotrader’s trusted Classic Transport Partner ShipYourCarNow. Click Now!
Get THE LOWEST MONTHLY PAYMENTS! We are a nationwide collector car finance company with over a decade of experience serving our clients. Give us a call today at (800) 717-5180 Apply now
For the latest and most reliable Classic and Collectible Car prices, values, production numbers and local car clubs, always trust NADAguides.com. Get more info
Considering buying a new classic? Get a quote before you buy. Agreed value, lowest rates. Go with Grundy Insurance, www.Grundy.com or 888-647-8636 Get Quotes Now