1969 Buick Skylark
From around 1956 until the mid 1980s, Dodge, Plymouth and even Chrysler squads were the most ubiquitous police cars in North America. In fact, the biggest department, the NYPD, used Plymouth and Dodge squads almost exclusively until the rear-drive M body car was finally axed in 1989.
The no-frills Savoy two-door sedan was home to another engine of considerable repute, the infamous 413 Max Wedge, a Super Stock monster block Chrysler introduced in the spring of 1962.
Classic Car Overview
This 1969 Buick Skylark Custom inst your typical ’69 Syklark Buick. Sporting over 500 horse power, this Buick will make just about any pony car run and hide! Built correctly with the right mix of parts, this is a fun & reliable car to drive! Fresh paint makes this car look as good as it performs. A big part of having a collector or antique car is its “fun level”. This car surly checks the box of “fun to drive”. Get in, drive anyplace! This ’69 stops, steers and drives very well. Even on a hot summer day in traffic, this car will idle and stay cool!
Just gone over mechanically – ready for the road. Four brand new tires, fresh alignment less than 100 miles ago.
Drive-train: 502/502 engine, Turbo 400 built for the 500+HP engine, 3500 stall converter, 3.55:1 posi rear! Less than 10,000 miles on the drive train.
ZZ505-502 Deluxe Engine
- Displacement (cu. in.): 502
- Bore x Stroke (in.): 4.470 x 4.000
- Block (P/N 19170540): Cast-iron with four-bolt main caps
- Crankshaft (P/N 10183723): Forged steel
- Connecting Rods (P/N 19170198): Forged steel, shot peened
- Pistons (P/N 12533507): Forged aluminum
- Camshaft Type (P/N 12366543): Hydraulic roller
- Camshaft Lift (in.): .527 intake / .544 exhaust
- Camshaft Duration (@.050 in.): 224° intake / 234° exhaust
- Cylinder Heads (P/N 12363390): Aluminum oval port; 110-cc chambers
- Valve Size (in.): 2.250 intake / 1.880 exhaust; stainless steel
- Compression Ratio: 9.6:1
- Rocker Arms (P/N 12368082): Stamped steel
- Rocker Arm Ratio: 1.7:1
- Distributor (P/N 93440806): HEI type
- Carburetor (P/N 19170094): 870-cfm
- Water Pump (P/N 19168602): Aluminum, short-style
- Flexplate (P/N 10185034): 14″
- Recommended Fuel: Premium Pump
- Ignition Timing: 32° Total @ 4,000 rpm
- Maximum Recommended rpm: 5800
- Balanced: External
Classic Car ID101007275
Classic Car Buyer's Tools
Get THE LOWEST MONTHLY PAYMENTS! We are a nationwide collector car finance company with over a decade of experience serving our clients. Give us a call today at (800) 717-5180 Apply now
For the latest and most reliable Classic and Collectible Car prices, values, production numbers and local car clubs, always trust NADAguides.com. Get more info