1967 Chevrolet Camaro SS Convertible
Convertible Car for sale in tulsa, Oklahoma 74133
Tulsa, OK 74133
With all the hoopla surrounding the new Camaro 1LE, let's look back at the original.
The story of the ZL1 Camaro, fitted with that rarest of the rare, all-aluminum 427 big-block V-8, is one that has often been told: How only 69 were made, how they exploited the GM option-ordering system, and how they've become the Camaro guy's ultimate Camaro.
Classic Car Overview
NEW BUILD1967 Convertible RS/SS Camaro
Your bidding on my “nearly new” 67 Camaro Convertible. I say nearly new verses restored because what started out as an engine and sub frame upgraded resulted in a new body and a 24 month build. The old body just didn’t have enough steel left to support the sub frame. The following are the major items we purchased new:
· 67 Dynocorn body and convertible frame via US Restoration/Brand New Muscle Car
· Chris Alston’s Chassisworks subframe with WilWood front disc brakes and new rack
· 383 Crate engine with oversized Elign cam from Performance Chevy Products in Phoenix; basically everything under the hood is new
· Rebuilt 4 speed transmission, rear end and back drum brakes
· Holly Terminator EFI System with Edelbrock carb. Dyno tuned at Wichita Dyno
· 2 ¾” Exhaust system, short headers, fuel tank, springs, etc.
· New seat kit for front buckets and rear seat. Original frames but all new beyond that
· Electronic light kit, heater, most all wiring, installed new wiring kit, etc.
· Front windshield
· Power steering, power brakes
· Painted entire car
· Bonnet for power top; not shown. Still in box
· Last month bought another new convertible frame; replaced the one that came with the body
What we reused
· Hood, front side panels, bumpers, real lights
· Interior dash, panels and console
· Transmission (we rebuilt it)
· Rear end with drum brakes
· Some trim pieces
· All window mechanisms and window glass
· Probably some other stuff that we could reasonably make work
I’m sure there’s more but I think you get the idea; we tended to purchase new items verses trying to restore old things. I’m estimating the car is easily around 80% new components. What would typically happen is when we found something the choice was to put a lot of man hours in to make it work, or just buy “a new one” and reduce the man hours. Most often, the answer was build new. I hired the right people to do all the work; many of which built new Eleonore Mustangs from the ground up. I planned on keeping the car when we built it, but sometime next spring we will be moving to the mountains and it doesn’t seem practical to keep the car in storage for 9 months of the year. I probably should have taken more pictures during the build, but at the time I didn’t plan on selling the car; I was building it for myself.
The car is a real head turner. I always get tons of compliments every time I drive it. Strangers take pictures of it in the parking lot when I run errands. The car is a lot of fun and pretty fast. Always carefully driven and never been on a track.
I did my best to fairly represent the car above. That being said, the car is sold as is, where is; No refunds or returns. Buyer pays for shipping, title and tax. I have a ton of receipts and references so if you’re interested in the car before I possibly take to auction, just send me an email and I’ll be happy to answer. Good luck bidding!
Classic Car ID101323718
CategoryMuscle & Pony Cars
Transmission4 Speed Manual
Classic Car Buyer's Tools
Immediately receive a quote to get your new classic car delivered right to your driveway from Autotrader’s trusted Classic Transport Partner ShipYourCarNow. Click Now!
JJ BEST BANC & CO, the leader in classic and collector car financing. Long terms, low rates, quick and easy approvals. J.J. Best offers financing for classic and collector vehicles from antique to modern. Let us help you drive your dream car today! Click or call 1-800-872-1965 to apply now! Click here
For the latest and most reliable Classic and Collectible Car prices, values, production numbers and local car clubs, always trust NADAguides.com. Get more info
Considering buying a new classic? Get a quote before you buy. Agreed value, lowest rates. Go with Grundy Insurance, www.Grundy.com or 888-647-8636 Get Quotes Now