1967 Chevrolet Camaro RS Coupe
Coupe Car for sale in Battle Ground, Washington 98604
With all the hoopla surrounding the new Camaro 1LE, let's look back at the original.
The story of the ZL1 Camaro, fitted with that rarest of the rare, all-aluminum 427 big-block V-8, is one that has often been told: How only 69 were made, how they exploited the GM option-ordering system, and how they've become the Camaro guy's ultimate Camaro.
Classic Car Overview
condition: excellentcylinders: 8 cylindersdrive: rwdfuel: gasodometer: 43000paint color: redsize: mid-sizetitle status: cleantransmission: automatictype: coupe
43,000 original miles on the car / less than 5,000 on the re-build. Hasn't seen a raindrop since 1980. This is not a fresh restoration, and all work / paint is about 10 years old.
This car was built for the best of both worlds - You can take it on the freeway, or the local car show...and it will exceed your expectations in both environments.
With the exception of the paint striping & rear quarter louvers its a factory correct RS/SS clone...BUT was cloned from all three years of the first-gen cars (67-69), and uses the best attribute from each year. Yes this was done on purpose, it was done professionally, and you will never see another first gen camaro like it.
- '67RS taillights - full lens taillight ('68/'69 models had a divider line down the middle)
- '67RS backup lights - no backup lights were factory available on '67 non-RS models)
- '68RS grille - wider than the '67RS grille, and when an RS/SS package were factory combined in '68 the grille was black instead of chrome, and the RS grille badges were replaced with SS...as is was correctly done here. NOTE: headlights have been upgraded to high intensity H4 Xenon bulbs 130/90w)
- '68RS rear spoiler D80 option code - no spoiler was offered with any trim package in '67, and the spoiler from '69 wouldn't fit due to narrower rear quarters
- '68RS lower front spoiler D80 option code - no lower spoiler was available in '67
- '68RS front and rear bumpers - bumpers in '67 & '69 had ugly bumper guards
- '68RS trim package (rare) Z22 option code
- '68 model side mirrors - rectangular instead of circular
- '69SS steel cowl hood (no cowl induction hood was offered until '69, and only on the SS, COPOS, and Pace Cars. NOTE: cowl induction system is brand new, with fully functioning flapper valves.
CHASSIS- 396 heavy duty front coil springs, and multi-leaf rears. Rear end has been substantially beefed up with a Ford 9" geared at 3:25 with posi-trac. Power steering, FULL front and rear disc brake conversion, and rear air shocks.
- Brand new OEM carpets and SS454 floor mats
- Deluxe center console with B&M Quicksilver shifter
- Brand new headliner - Brand new door panels
- Brand new rear deck with 6x9 speakers
- Brand new stereo with detachable faceplate (AM/FM/CD/MP3)
- Brand new Alpine 5" speakers in front kicker panels
- Trunk is fully finished with sound deadener, custom panels & carpet
- The strato bucket seats were replaced with SS seats, then trimmed in factory Bolero red paint to match the exterior
- Door panel trim is also in Bolero red, as is the B&M shifter emblem, brake calipers, SS grille emblem, and SS gas cap.
- Brand new Dakota Digital HDX Instruments (http://www.dakotadigital.com/index.cfm/page/ptype=product/product_id=1041/category_id=422/mode=prod/prd1041.htm)
- Comes with BOTH sets of tires and wheels. All are BRAND NEW.
- Stock tires are 275/60/15 BF Goodrich Radial T/A's in the back and 225/70/15 in front
- Stock wheels are 15x7 GM Rallys in front, and 15x8 Cvette Rallys in the rear
- Aftermarket wheels / tires are MB Ol' Skools wrapped Bridgestone Potenzas - 265/35/R20 rears / 235/40/R18 up front - transferable structural and chrome finish warranty
- All badges and emblems are brand new
- Z22 option code includes chrome wheel wells, chrome rocker trim, and chrome window trim & sills
The car has clean title as a 1967 Chevrolet Camaro Sport Coupe. lol...title is about the only thing on this car that was not modified!
Thanks for looking.
Tom - (360) 606-7099
Classic Car ID101127552
CategoryMuscle & Pony Cars
Transmission3 Speed Automatic
Classic Car Buyer's Tools
Immediately receive a quote to get your new classic car delivered right to your driveway from Autotrader’s trusted Classic Transport Partner ShipYourCarNow. Click Now!
Get THE LOWEST MONTHLY PAYMENTS! We are a nationwide collector car finance company with over a decade of experience serving our clients. Give us a call today at (800) 717-5180 Apply now
For the latest and most reliable Classic and Collectible Car prices, values, production numbers and local car clubs, always trust NADAguides.com. Get more info
As the inventors of Agreed Value coverage, we understand the special nature of protecting a collectible vehicle. Every policy offers Agreed Value, Unlimited Mileage, No Deductible, Towing and Labor, Spare Parts Coverage and the flexibility of using the Repair Shop of Your Choice. Whether insuring a priceless historical vehicle or a weekend cruiser, no one knows more about insuring collector cars then Grundy. www.Grundy.com or 888-647-8636 Get Quotes Now