1966 Ford Mustang Fastback
Given that the 21st century has seen a sort of return to the roots aspect for the Mustang, it was probably only a matter of time before the Boss 302 made a return. Over the last few years there's been steady and growing interest in the concept of a new-age Trans Am Special.
Jim Clarke led the charge with the creation of the 5.0 HO V8 for the Mustang in 1982 and was responsible for the continuous improvement of the 5.0 throughout the '80s. What Jim and his team accomplished is truly amazing.
Classic Car Overview
1966 FORD MUSTANG FASTBACK
ENGINE AND DRIVETRAIN
- Professionally built 351 Windsor V-8; Forged crank, Eagle rods, JE pistons, Dart heads
- Isky Mega hyd. cam, Roller Rocker Arms
- Victor JR Intake, Holley/Demon 850 Carb, MSD 6AL Ignition control & distributor
- Alum. flywheel, Centerforce heavy duty clutch, Tremec 5 speed transmission, drive shaft with safety loop.
- 9 inch Ford posi-traction rear end, 3:50 ratio
- Hooker ShortyHeaders, Magnaflow,Exhaust systemwith H pipe, TransAm side Exhaust.
SUSPENSION, BRAKES, RUNNING GEAR, etc.
- Total Control Front suspension, Power rack & pinion steering, 4 Wheel Disc Brakes, Bilstein Special Road/Track shocks.
- Maier Racing Rear suspension, springs, Panhard Rod
- 16" American Racing Torq-Thrust D Wheels, BridgestonePotenzaRE-71R just installed Ultra-High Performance
- Stock, straight rust free body, Wimbledon White, red interior custom engine compartment/shock tower bracing. Shelby GT-350 hood, Shelby front balance w/bumper, 4 point roll-bar. Simpson Safety harnesses, comp. seats
- Fluidyne specially designed large tube 3- row alum. radiator; Fuel Safe 22 gallon alum. fuel cell; Canton engine oil cooler system with remote filter; Roush large capacity, 5 door, engine oil pan; Mechanical gauges; Optima battery
- Safecraft, RS5 Halon Fire System (3 Nozzle pull cable 1800 lb system; available to be installed)
- Garage kept.Very low miles since built.
- Other details, questions, pictures (phone: 714-271-1715 /PST)
- Ultimate "ONE OF A KIND" all around muscle car designed and built as a tribute to Shelby's pre-production GT-350 prototype. Stunning looks and performance by this original classic Pony.
PRICE: $ 60,000 Best offer above 65,000
Classic Car ID100914565
CategoryMuscle & Pony Cars
Custom ColorWimbledon White
Classic Car Buyer's Tools
JJ BEST BANC & CO, the leader in classic and collector car financing. Long terms, low rates, quick and easy approvals. J.J. Best offers financing for classic and collector vehicles from antique to modern. Let us help you drive your dream car today! Click or call 1-800-872-1965 to apply now! Click here
For the latest and most reliable Classic and Collectible Car prices, values, production numbers and local car clubs, always trust NADAguides.com. Get more info