1966 Ford Bronco
SUV Car for sale in Fairhope, Alabama 36532
The Dodge Li'l Red Express set a standard on how to make a great performance truck. All Dodge Li'l Red Express trucks came from the factory painted in Bright Canyon Red in 1978 and Medium Canyon Red in 1979. Every Li'l Red Express was a regular cab Adventurer with a stepside bed.
Classic vintage Chevrolet pickup trucks are receiving growing interest among car enthusiasts. The most collectible muscle cars are numbers-matching survivors; the most sought-after vintage trucks are full custom builds.
Classic Car Overview
Here is your chance to own one of the few remaining unrestored early 1966 U13 Roadster Broncos! Body built by BUDD, not Ford. The same company that built the original Bronco prototype. This is from the pre-production/prototype tooling and not the final Ford tooling. These were only assembled in Aug, Sept and Oct of 1965 while Ford finalized their production line, then Ford took over by Nov 1965 and made the rest. This one has the original VIN stamp beginning with U13, not a copycat or converted U14 (truck) or U15 (wagon). A Budd Body makes it one of the first 200 Broncos off the assembly line and highly collectible!
Everything on this truck Works including the original vacuum operated windshield wipers, the wiper washer pump, the in cab heater controls, and all lights and gauges (except the fuel gauge). Door inserts, windshield frame and hood have had paint work but other panels appear original. To be safe, call this a 1 re-spray truck. Because this truck has NOT been restored, there are blemishes in the paint as indicated in the pics. Minor scrapes/scuffs from times gone by. Floorboards are solid and only have paint chipping. There are 3 very minor rust spots on the truck. Two of them are on the driver lower rocker panel at the very bottom. One is under the passenger front seat at the welded seam - shown in pics. All three could be easily repaired with tack-welds and touch-up paint to keep this as original as possible. Frame is 100% solid with zero rust. All other body panes are 100% rust free.
Engine is the original 170 CI inline 6 with a 3 on the tree transmission. The engine was rebuilt in 1999 and has around 1,000 miles put on it since then. Brake master cylinder and wheel cylinders have been rebuilt along with new front axle seals - all around 2010.
This is an ultra rare collectible Bronco that needs to go to someone who will appreciate it for its originality.
- original number-matching 170cid straight 6 engine (rebuilt 1999)
- original 1-barrel carburetor
- original lock-out hubs (rebuilt 1995) on the 4-wheel drive front axle
- original oil bath air filter
- original vacuum windshield wipers (fully operational)
- original hub caps (unique to '66)
- original straight-end bumpers (unique to '66 and '67 models)
- original driver side mirror (unique to early Roadsters)
- original "pencil" dash pad, with no cracks (unique to '66 and '67 models)
- original eyebrow grill (only found on early production '66s)
- original FOMOCO washer fluid bag
- original 3-on-the-tree 3.03 manual transmission
- original long-throw 4-wheel drive transfer case control stick with round ball head (only found on early production '66s)
- original rubber transfer case boot (unique to '66 models)
- original rear bench seat
- original black arm rests on rear bench seat (unique to '66 models)
- original 15-inch wheels, including the spare
- original rear tail light lenses (no "clear" reverse section; unique to '66 models)
- original FOMOCO tail hitch
- original fold-down windshield (hinged to fold flat on top of the hood, with a pin hitch to hold it in place)
- original skid plate protecting the transfer case
* Please note, this vehicle is registered and insured in Alabama. Alabama will NOT issue a title on any motor vehicle over 30 years of age regardless of circumstance or request. This vehicle will be sold on a BILL OF SALE and NO TITLE is available from Alabama.
Classic Car ID101243965
ConditionExcellent Unrestored Condition
Classic Car Buyer's Tools
Immediately receive a quote to get your new classic car delivered right to your driveway from Autotrader’s trusted Classic Transport Partner ShipYourCarNow. Click Now!
Get THE LOWEST MONTHLY PAYMENTS! We are a nationwide collector car finance company with over a decade of experience serving our clients. Give us a call today at (800) 717-5180 Apply now
For the latest and most reliable Classic and Collectible Car prices, values, production numbers and local car clubs, always trust NADAguides.com. Get more info
Considering buying a new classic? Get a quote before you buy. Agreed value, lowest rates. Go with Grundy Insurance, www.Grundy.com or 888-647-8636 Get Quotes Now