1965 Shelby Cobra
Convertible Car for sale in irvine, California 92603
From around 1956 until the mid 1980s, Dodge, Plymouth and even Chrysler squads were the most ubiquitous police cars in North America. In fact, the biggest department, the NYPD, used Plymouth and Dodge squads almost exclusively until the rear-drive M body car was finally axed in 1989.
The no-frills Savoy two-door sedan was home to another engine of considerable repute, the infamous 413 Max Wedge, a Super Stock monster block Chrysler introduced in the spring of 1962.
Classic Car Buyer's Tools
Get THE LOWEST MONTHLY PAYMENTS! We are a nationwide collector car finance company with over a decade of experience serving our clients. Give us a call today at (800) 717-5180Apply now
For the latest and most reliable Classic and Collectible Car prices, values, production numbers and local car clubs, always trust NADAguides.com.Get more info
Classic Car Overview
1965 Shelby Cobra $124,900
Now available Authentic 1965 Shelby 427SC Cobra CSX4229 continuation series.
Here’s your opportunity to own and drive a genuine Shelby Cobra without breaking the bank! Produced by Shelby American, Inc., this CSX4229 is part of Shelby’s “Continuation Series” and was originally sold on Tuesday, February 20, 2001 to Nostalgia Motorcars in South Carolina. There, the legendary Jim Harrell and his crew installed a Shelby 498 cid aluminum FE big-block with an eight-stack TWM/Borla throttle body atop an Edelbrock FE aluminum cylinder head and coupled it with a “Legend-correct” rugged Ford 4-speed toploader gearbox.
Originally painted in Guardsman Blue, my best friend Mark Alch bought his dream car from Nostalgia in July, 2006 and had it impeccably custom-painted in racing-red with white LeMans longitudinal stripes. The spectacularly striking persona of this serpent turns heads wherever it goes.
Mark unfortunately passed away, and now this fine reptile is ready for the next owner to drive. It has logged less than 500 miles since Mark bought it in 2006 and the total mileage is less than 5K.
The CSX4229 is registered under the coveted SB100 (California Senate Bill 100). This means no smog certification and no California registration hassles for the life of the car! This car is street legal and ready to drive. No additional work is required. It starts immediately, idles great, drives tamely or insanely – your choice. This car not only runs flawlessly, but attention has been given to every detail - everything works perfectly, from all the panel lights to the cabin heater & defroster. It is ready for you to get behind the wheel and enjoy.
There’s something magical about owning and driving an authentic Shelby Cobra. Although it’s not one of the 31 original S/C models (you would never dare to drive it anyway), this is not a replica or kit car. Remember, it has to be manufactured by Shelby to be the genuine article, and a CSX4000 continuation series automobile is indeed a Classic Collector's Car. However, unlike the original, this is affordable & drivable! The way it looks, drives and sounds—the way it solicits admiring attention when the deep roar of the engine is engaged—the way it makes you feel when you’re driving it—are indescribable and must be experienced.
CSX4229 is entered in the official Shelby Registry. Only vehicles made by Shelby are included.
· High strength fiberglass body
· Show quality “Ferrari Red” custom paint w/ dual white Lamans stripes & front hood “Meatball”
· Original frame configuration: 4" round tube main rails, .120 wall thickness, 90" wheelbase
· Original four wheel independent suspension with dual A-arms and coil-over shocks
· Rack & pinion steering
· Baer Brakes with Shelby inscribed calipers
· 15" Halibrand style pin drive wheels
· Headers & side pipes
· S/C dash layout with authentic Smith instrumentation
· AC cast aluminum clutch pedal & brake pedal
· 15" original style wood rim steering wheel
· Windshield wipers w/ dual-speed motor
· Aluminum fender closeout panels, front and rear
· Full carpeting, including trunk
· Tonneau cover
· Chrome roll bar
· 4 core aluminum radiator w/ 3 push/pull electric fans (thermostatically controlled w/ manual override)
· New (2018) 23 gallon Harmon Racing Cell fuel cell
· Leather interior package
· Jet-hot ceramic coated headers and side pipes
· Street car interior with glove box and side view mirrors
· Heater/defroster w/ 3-speed fan
· Leather door map pockets
· Tires: BF Goodrich Radial T/A Front: P245/60R15 Back: P295/50R15 – Excellent Condition w/ 9/32” (7mm) tread remaining
· Manufacturer’s Statement of Origin (MSO) from Shelby American, Inc., signed by Carroll Shelby
· Entered in official Shelby Registry
Engine & Transmission
· Carroll Shelby Cobra aluminum block V8 engine CSX193 w/ 4.575” bore (498 CID)
· Edelbrock Performer Series aluminum cylinder head #6005 (based on the famous 428 Cobra Jet Head)
· TWM/Borla 8-Stack aluminum throttle body w/polished velocity stacks
· Custom polished aluminum air intake w/ K&N 33-2035 187 sq.in. air filter
· Chrome Pent-Roof “Cobra” valve covers
· FAST EZ-EFI self-tuning fuel injection system w/ hand-held console
· MSD distributor w/ Super-Conductor 8.5mm spark plug wires
· Rugged Ford Top-Loader four-speed transmission (C8AR-7006-D)
· Shelby aluminum differential with Dana 44 gears, 3.54 to 1 Ratio
For inquiries about this vehicle, call or text Don @ 949-294-6361
1965 Shelby Cobra Specifications
Classic Car ID101023962
Trim Body Style
SuspensionDual A-arms and coil-over shocks
Transmission4 Speed Manual
Custom Exterior ColorN/A
Classic Car Buyer and Seller Resources