1965 Plymouth Barracuda
Coupe Car for sale in Irvine, California 92620-3353
We've compiled a list of the greatest muscle cars of all time. Did your favorite make the list? Ask 20 muscle-car aficionados to identify the "best" muscle car of all time and you'll get 20 different answers.
The Shelby GT350 wasn't the only high-performance Mustang available if you wanted a fast pony.
Classic Car Overview
Never Wrecked - Always Garaged - Must See! Even with all changes listed, still starts and runs reliably and drives easily. All original and unmodified body panels and glass except Mopar 6-pack hood scoop grafted to hood. Dark blue with white racing stripes. Boyd Coddington custom offset 15” Wheels front and rear.
Drivetrain: 360 Mopar Super-Commando Crate motor – 360ci/360hp
- LA engine - uses the more desirable engine mounts, intake and exhaust manifolds
- Mopar Hi-Rise single-plane intake manifold (crate motor original)
- Harland Sharp 1.5 Roller rocker arms with lightweight pushrods and matching hydraulic lifters
- crate motor original rockers and lifters included
- Holley 4150 Double-Pumper mechanical secondary carburetor
- K&N High Performance Air Filter
- Remote dual oil filter with steel-braided hoses
- Mopar oil-pan windage tray
- Mopar electronic ignition (crate motor original)
- MSD 6AL Capacitive Discharge Ignition with adjustable Rev-Limiter
- MSD Racing Ignition Coil (both MSD parts in passenger compartment to stay cool)
- Light-weight Mopar racing starter
- Hi-output Mopar water pump
- Hi-output Mopar alternator
- Custom-made JetHot-Coated headers & dual exhaust with H-pipe
- Customized 5-core radiator built to look stock, chrome fan shroud
Art Carr-built Racing 999 Torqueflight transmission
- Reverse-pattern manual shift valve body
- Hi-stall torque converter
- B&M racing flex plate
- B&M High Volume Trans Oil Cooler with dedicated fan in custom air shroud
- B&M Pro-Stick competition shifter
Steering & Suspension:
- Mopar heavy-duty front torsion bars
- Mopar Superstock rear leaf springs
- Polyurethane bushings throughout - front and rear
- Racing tubular upper A-arms (with the large ball joint to support the '73 up disc brake spindle)
- Mopar rear spring relocation kit (moves leaf springs inward about an inch, no frame cutting)
- Heavy-duty sway-bars – front and rear
- Heavy-duty steering tie-rods
- Rebuilt steering gearbox
- Mopar 8 ¾” narrowed rear-end (modified by Moser Engineering)
- Mopar 3.91 and 3.55 differentials, both open, both “741” style (3.91 installed)
- Custom shortened and balanced driveshaft with safety loop
- KYB shocks
- 11” Mopar front disc brakes (from a 1978 Cordoba)
- 11 7/8” rear disc brakes (from a 2000 Mustang) with custom adapter
- Steel-braided brakelines front and rear (and all new hard lines)
- Adjustable Front-Rear brake balance – adjustable from driver’s seat
- Mopar dual-circuit brake master cylinder
- Emergency brake modified to work as original
Body & Frame:
- 8-Point Roll Cage
- Sub-frame connectors
- Fiberglass 6-pack hood scoop grafted to stock hood (with hole cut, the only body modification)
- Light-weight fiberglass hood with 6-pack scoop (for 66 body style) (not installed)
- All weather-stripping replaced.
- All chrome trim re-chromed at chrome shop, new bumpers.
- Original windshield wipers, heater, and defroster all fully functional.
Custom Dash Board, Fully instrumented:
- Autometer speedometer & tach (installed into stock-looking dash)
- Autometer shift strobe light with set of RPM plugs
- Autometer mechanical oil pressure and mechanical water temp.
- Autometer manifold vacuum, volt and amp
- Autometer fuel level
- B&M Transmission oil temp.
- Under-hood fuel pressure gauge
- New firewall foam inserts
20-gallon Jaz foam-filled metal-cased fuel cell. Mallory Comp electric fuel pump with oil-pressure-triggered safety shut-off. Entire original wiring harness replaced with new harness, featuring hi-temp insulation and modern fuse panel. Custom racing bucket seats, racing 4-point harness for both driver and passenger. New Optima gel-battery relocated to rear passenger side. Racing emergency kill switch. Additional set of steel rear wheels with slicks - custom offset for maximum width within wheelwells. Car cover included.
Classic Car ID101239176
CategoryMuscle & Pony Cars
ConditionFinished, ready to cruise or race!
Custom ColorWhite racing stripes
Classic Car Buyer's Tools
Immediately receive a quote to get your new classic car delivered right to your driveway from Autotrader’s trusted Classic Transport Partner ShipYourCarNow. Click Now!
Get THE LOWEST MONTHLY PAYMENTS! We are a nationwide collector car finance company with over a decade of experience serving our clients. Give us a call today at (800) 717-5180 Apply now
For the latest and most reliable Classic and Collectible Car prices, values, production numbers and local car clubs, always trust NADAguides.com. Get more info
Considering buying a new classic? Get a quote before you buy. Agreed value, lowest rates. Go with Grundy Insurance, www.Grundy.com or 888-647-8636 Get Quotes Now