1965 Ford Mustang Convertible
Convertible Car for sale in HOLLAND, Michigan 49424
Given that the 21st century has seen a sort of return to the roots aspect for the Mustang, it was probably only a matter of time before the Boss 302 made a return. Over the last few years there's been steady and growing interest in the concept of a new-age Trans Am Special.
Jim Clarke led the charge with the creation of the 5.0 HO V8 for the Mustang in 1982 and was responsible for the continuous improvement of the 5.0 throughout the '80s. What Jim and his team accomplished is truly amazing.
Classic Car Overview
This Mustang is an all original 1965 Mustang Convertible with 93,186 on the odometer. This car has been restored to original and is finished in Poppy Red complemented by a beautiful White vinyl Interior. This car is stunning and is in overall very good condition. It runs and drives like a dream.
Mustangs from 1965 are arguably the most sought-after Mustangs from the period;
this particular specimen is a truly great and original car, 289 V8 - 4-speed
manual transmission - all original to the car and a full center console.
Professionally restored in 2005, this car has been meticulously cared for.
What makes this piece of Americana so special:
• Assembled at San Jose plant and has remained on the west coast for most of it’s entire life until I purchased it in 2016.
• Original color (Poppy Red)
• C-code 289 2v V8 – original engine, date-correct
• Perfect compression of 160 psi in all 8 cylinders
• Original Autolite 2100 two-barrel carburetor, date-correct
• 4-speed manual T-10 transmission
• Transmission original to the car, date-correct, re-built in 2015
• New Clutch February 2016
• Build date of February 15, 1965, delivered to original owner on March 16, 1965 (see original owner’s manual)
• Restoration - Paint, Interior and Mechanical in 2005
• New top in 2016
• New carpet in 2016
• New dual red-line tires in 2016
• New Retrosound stereo installed in 2016
• Full-length center console (original)
• Date-correct stampings on fenders (original sheet metal)
• Original owner’s manual
• All guages and lights work
This car has a touching history. The original buyer kept it for 18 months. At
that point, it was bought as a high school graduation present for the 2nd owner
(purchase document included in sale), who owned the car for 49 years. It was
garaged for a long period and was restored by the owner’s husband as a gift for
his wife in 2005. Sadly, she contracted cancer shortly afterwards and passed
away. From that point, the car was garaged and not driven at all. I purchased
the car in 2016.
This car is for the true collector and offers a rare opportunity to own a classic masterpiece of Americana. Do not let the opportunity to own this car pass you by.
Classic Car ID101210241
ConditionVery good condition
Transmission4 Speed Manual
Classic Car Buyer's Tools
Immediately receive a quote to get your new classic car delivered right to your driveway from Autotrader’s trusted Classic Transport Partner ShipYourCarNow. Click Now!
Get THE LOWEST MONTHLY PAYMENTS! We are a nationwide collector car finance company with over a decade of experience serving our clients. Give us a call today at (800) 717-5180 Apply now
For the latest and most reliable Classic and Collectible Car prices, values, production numbers and local car clubs, always trust NADAguides.com. Get more info
Considering buying a new classic? Get a quote before you buy. Agreed value, lowest rates. Go with Grundy Insurance, www.Grundy.com or 888-647-8636 Get Quotes Now