1964 Ford Galaxie
Coupe Car for sale by Classics & Custom Auto in Saint Charles, Illinois 60174
From around 1956 until the mid 1980s, Dodge, Plymouth and even Chrysler squads were the most ubiquitous police cars in North America. In fact, the biggest department, the NYPD, used Plymouth and Dodge squads almost exclusively until the rear-drive M body car was finally axed in 1989.
The no-frills Savoy two-door sedan was home to another engine of considerable repute, the infamous 413 Max Wedge, a Super Stock monster block Chrysler introduced in the spring of 1962.
Classic Car Overview
This 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 started life as 352 car with a Cruise-O-Matic transmission, but has since been modified to become the 550Hp Nostalgia Super Stock car you see today. A purpose-built racing trailer is also available, making this the perfect track-ready package!
- Class: D/NSS
- Weight: Est. 3720 lbs.
- 1/4 Mile Time: 11.03 1/4 Mile Speed: 120.84
- Machine Work, bore (+.04), hone, deck: Opal Engineering
- Engine: Ford 427 FE Center Oiler, hard block filled to water pump
- Displacement: 486 ci
- Induction: Edelbrock Victor FE, Holley 3bbl, 1050 cfm carburetor #4604
- Heads: Edelbrock 76cc, matched to intake pocket ported
- Main Caps: Ford cross bolted ARP main bolts
- Crankshaft: Scat 4.25” stroke
- Connecting Rods: Scat “H” beam 6.7”, ARP rod bolts
- Pistons: Diamond forged, 11.5 compression, Sealed Power rings
- Camshaft: Comp Cams Mechanical Roller 33-788-9; 399/309° duration,
- Lifters: Comp Cams Endure-X roller
- Valves: Ferrea 6000 Series 2.19”/1.73”
- Valve Train: Dove roller rockers
- Exhaust: 2″ Crites headers Toefco Power Shield coating
- Fuel Cell: Summit Racing, 5 gal.
- Fuel Pump: Holley “blue” electric
Radiator: Ron Davis aluminum, Perma cool electric fan
- Water Pump: Meziere WP170
- Oil Pan: Milodon 8 Qt. W/ Ford Racing windage tray
- Ignition: Mallory Hy-Fire IVC box
- Alternator: Powermaster 100 Amp.
- Battery: Optima Red Top in trunk 12V
- Transmission: C4 with Joel’s on Joy performance build
- Shifter: B&M Pro-Ratchet
- Converter: Midwest 8 inch
- Flex Plate: ATI 915722 SFI Certified
- Rear end: Ford 9 inch
- Ratio: 4.11
- Center Section: Strange Engineering nodular iron “Daytona style”
- Spool: Strange Engineering
- Axles: Strange Engineering 31 spline
- Driveshaft: Midwest Driveshaft aluminum 4” x .125”
- Body: Fresh paint in 2020; Crites fiberglass hood, fenders, bumpers
- Chassis Type: stock
- Front Suspension: coil springs, PT bushings
- Rear Suspension: 6 leaf spring +1”, Calvert Cal-Trac traction bars
- Shocks: rear QA1 adjustable, front Calvert adjustable shocks 90/10
- Brakes: Front; Scarebird disc conversion Rear; stock drum
- Steering: reticulating ball
- Wheels: Centerline Terminator
- Tires: Hoosier slicks 10.0 x 28.0, M/T 27.5×4.5 fronts
- Roll Bar: 6 Pt. D.O.M. steel tube by Straight-line Welding
- Restraints: 5 point RCI Racing harness
- Gauges: Jegs tachometer, Autometer water, oil, fuel & pressure on cowl
- Seats: Bestop Low Back lightweight
Classic Car ID101342775
Vehicle is sold As-Is No Warranty unless otherwise stated. All information is presented to the best of our knowledge, but we make no guarantees on its authenticity. Buyer is encouraged to inspect vehicle and verify information independently prior to purchase.
Classic Car Buyer's Tools
Immediately receive a quote to get your new classic car delivered right to your driveway from Autotrader’s trusted Classic Transport Partner ShipYourCarNow. Click Now!
JJ BEST BANC & CO, the leader in classic and collector car financing. Long terms, low rates, quick and easy approvals. J.J. Best offers financing for classic and collector vehicles from antique to modern. Let us help you drive your dream car today! Click or call 1-800-872-1965 to apply now! Click here
For the latest and most reliable Classic and Collectible Car prices, values, production numbers and local car clubs, always trust NADAguides.com. Get more info
Considering buying a new classic? Get a quote before you buy. Agreed value, lowest rates. Go with Grundy Insurance, www.Grundy.com or 888-647-8636 Get Quotes Now