1962 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible
Convertible Car for sale in Foley, Alabama 36535
The 1967 Corvette is considered the most-loved Corvette ever produced. The combination of classic C2 styling, along with an incredible array of powertrain and comfort options, makes it one of the most desirable Corvettes ever. Not bad for a car that was never supposed to be made!
The ZR-1's production run from 1990-95 was one of the most exciting times for Corvette enthusiasts in recent memory. In the mid-1980s, rumors of a "King of the Hill" Corvette began to leak out of Detroit and into America's speed shops and dealerships.
Classic Car Overview
This is the stuff classic Corvette dreams are made of. This project car is a full frame-off rotisserie build and was set forth with a vision of creating one of the finest pro-touring C1 corvettes in the world. The body is an original ’62 and the custom glasswork respects the classic contours and shape while improving the fine details. Much of the factory chrome has been restored and the windshield was restored by Glassworks in Imperial, PA. The body is in fantastic shape with great attention paid to the shut lines and panel fit. Coated in Sikkens Colorbuild primer for storage purposes, the body is ready to be blocked and sanded so the new owner can choose the exact color they wish.
Supporting the build is a loaded Art Morrison Sport GT chassis upgraded with a Compact IRS cradle sporting 3.73 gears in the Dana 60 center section. The project comes with Wilwood brakes and JRI coilovers for all four corners.
No engine or transmission is included in the sale. However, the project was being built with the intention of installing an LS series powerplant and any associated parts included with the sale (headers, mounts, etc.) will be for the LS engine family.
This build was started from a running and driving 1962 restomod and many original parts, including seats and other interior pieces, are included in the sale. As they are in multiple boxes for storage, I cannot list them all here.
This was an in-progress build that, unfortunately, must be discontinued. The car is currently being stored in a climate controlled facility. This is NOT a roller. To be clear, the body and frame are not married together and considerable assembly will still be required once paint is complete. This will need to be considered when transportation arrangements are being made. The asking price includes the body, frame, IRS cradle, and several pallets of boxes of parts. At this time I am not parting the project out and will only sell the entire lot.
Asking price is $100,000 but I am open to offers. The car is located in Mobile, AL and arrangements will gladly be made for in-person inspections. Car was registered in AL, which is a No Title state for classics but will come with appropriate VIN plate and Bill of Sale.
Contact Adam with any questions you may have or to arrange inspection/purchase of the car.
· Original 1962 Corvette body
· Inner fenders are custom: smooth & straight fiberglass
· Inner fenders have reliefs molded in for custom air intake tubes
· The firewall is smooth & straight
· The cowl vent is smoothed
· Door lock holes smoothed
· Deck lid lock smoothed
· Hood: inside has been straightened, made symmetrical, & smooth
· Front valence has been extended
· Bottom of car is smoothed
· Inside edges of rockers have been trimmed smooth
· Trunk floor replaced w/ new custom built floor (raised to clear Dana IRS)
· All factory bracing retained: modified as necessary
· Rear wheel wells stretched with new custom fiberglass tubs
· Round flush fit fuel door
· Bottom of car is in final primer- Sikkens Colorbuild
· Inner front fender braces (above lip) new custom built( like factory)
· Doors, hood, conv top lid, deck lid fitted to body
· Body is in Sikkens Colorbuild primer
· Body is set up for shortened EFI fuel tank
· Soft top will not work on this body
· Comes with removable factory hardtop
• Art Morrison GT Sport IFS & compact IRS bolt on frame • Sport IFS control arms
• Wilwood 2” dropped spindles
• New DSE power rack & pinion 20:1 ratio
• Tie rod ends
• Fitting kit for rack to - 6AN
• JRI aluminum coil overs with springs & poly spring washer
• Sport sway bar adjustable kit
• Transmission crossmember mount - T56 Magnum TR6060 six speed
• Wilwood Pro Spindle Aero6 14” rotor brake kit (front)
• Wilwood rear brake kit W4A 14.25”
• IRS DANA short cradle assembly 57.5“ DANA 60 UPGRADE to TRU-TRAC (worm gear)
• DANA 3:73 gear ratio
• ZR1 bearing hub UPGRADE
• IRS emergency brake cable kit W/ adapter
• GT SPORT IFS IRS universal SS brake line kit
• Universal SS upper brake line kit
• LS Energy Suspension poly mount kit
• GM transmission Energy Suspension poly mount
• 1 7/8” stainless steel Ultimate Header (mill finish) 3” connector clamps
• Frame is smoothed and finished in Sikkens Colorblind primer
• Windshield assembly restored by Glassworks, Imperial Penn.
• Parts that have been chromed: door posts, bumpers (-1), misc. pieces
• Car set up for LS family of engines headers to fit included
• Hood set up for electric lift
• Trunk set up for remote release, or electric lift
• Full frame-off rotisserie build
• Soft top WILL NOT work with modifications
Classic Car ID101154012
ConditionProject - Ready for blocking and paint
Classic Car Buyer's Tools
Immediately receive a quote to get your new classic car delivered right to your driveway from Autotrader’s trusted Classic Transport Partner ShipYourCarNow. Click Now!
JJ BEST BANC & CO, the leader in classic and collector car financing. Long terms, low rates, quick and easy approvals. J.J. Best offers financing for classic and collector vehicles from antique to modern. Let us help you drive your dream car today! Click or call 1-800-872-1965 to apply now! Click here
For the latest and most reliable Classic and Collectible Car prices, values, production numbers and local car clubs, always trust NADAguides.com. Get more info
As the inventors of Agreed Value coverage, we understand the special nature of protecting a collectible vehicle. Every policy offers Agreed Value, Unlimited Mileage, No Deductible, Towing and Labor, Spare Parts Coverage and the flexibility of using the Repair Shop of Your Choice. Whether insuring a priceless historical vehicle or a weekend cruiser, no one knows more about insuring collector cars then Grundy. www.Grundy.com or 888-647-8636 Get Quotes Now