1969 Pontiac Firebird
Burt Reynolds may have been the star, but it was the black 1977 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am that stole the show. There's nothing like seeing that Starlight Black Pontiac Firebird Trans Am emerge from the back of the Bandit's truck.
From around 1956 until the mid 1980s, Dodge, Plymouth and even Chrysler squads were the most ubiquitous police cars in North America. In fact, the biggest department, the NYPD, used Plymouth and Dodge squads almost exclusively until the rear-drive M body car was finally axed in 1989.
Classic Car Overview
$140,000 - $160,000
- Offered from the Retro Motors Collection
- Ram Air III 400 cu. in. V-8 engine
- Turbo Hydra-Matic automatic transmission
- Saf-T-Track 3.55:1 rear end
- Frame-off restored by Pontiac Historian Jerry Burge of the Atlanta Hot Rod Shop
- Accompanied by window sticker and PHS documentation
- Originally sold through Jules Meyers Pontiac Inc. in Los Angeles, California
- Once part of the Thomas Stutzman collection
- Presented in Polar White with Blue racing stripes
- Air conditioning; power steering and brakes (front disc)
- Rides on Goodyear Polyglas tires mounted on Rally II wheels
- One of only 697 Trans Ams produced for 1969
Check back soon for complete catalogue description.
To view this car and others currently consigned to this auction, please visit the RM website at rmsothebys.com/en/auctions/fl19.
Classic Car ID101091998
Classic Car Buyer's Tools
JJ BEST BANC & CO, the leader in classic and collector car financing. Long terms, low rates, quick and easy approvals. J.J. Best offers financing for classic and collector vehicles from antique to modern. Let us help you drive your dream car today! Click or call 1-800-872-1965 to apply now! Click here
For the latest and most reliable Classic and Collectible Car prices, values, production numbers and local car clubs, always trust NADAguides.com. Get more info