1961 Ford Thunderbird
Coupe Car for sale in Louisville, Kentucky 40299
Louisville, KY 40299
From around 1956 until the mid 1980s, Dodge, Plymouth and even Chrysler squads were the most ubiquitous police cars in North America. In fact, the biggest department, the NYPD, used Plymouth and Dodge squads almost exclusively until the rear-drive M body car was finally axed in 1989.
The no-frills Savoy two-door sedan was home to another engine of considerable repute, the infamous 413 Max Wedge, a Super Stock monster block Chrysler introduced in the spring of 1962.
Classic Car Overview
- 156,000 miles
- Rebuilt 390 V8 w less than 500 miles (needs tune up)
- New dual exhaust/mufflers
- New brakes (master cylinder, shoes, springs, wheel cylinders, hoses, emergency brake cables)
- Needs new brake booster
- Needs leaf springs
- New gas tank and sending unit
- Re-cored radiator.
- New shift lever and detent
- Transmission slips some under heavy accelerating
- Power windows (front windows work/rear do not)
- Original radio (does not work)
- Hood latch cable recently replaced.
- Rear-view mirror needs to be re-glued to windshield
- New battery and starter solenoid
- Body is in fair condition. Rust is causing paint to bubble around rear wheel wells and floor boards are rusted(through in one area under brake pedal).
This vehicle is being sold as is with no warranty. Buyer is responsible for shipping costs.
Payment: Cash on vehicle pick up or major bank issued cashier’s check to be verified prior to vehicle and title transfer.
Classic Car ID101230097
Classic Car Buyer's Tools
Immediately receive a quote to get your new classic car delivered right to your driveway from Autotrader’s trusted Classic Transport Partner ShipYourCarNow. Click Now!
Get THE LOWEST MONTHLY PAYMENTS! We are a nationwide collector car finance company with over a decade of experience serving our clients. Give us a call today at (800) 717-5180 Apply now
For the latest and most reliable Classic and Collectible Car prices, values, production numbers and local car clubs, always trust NADAguides.com. Get more info
Considering buying a new classic? Get a quote before you buy. Agreed value, lowest rates. Go with Grundy Insurance, www.Grundy.com or 888-647-8636 Get Quotes Now