1959 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible
Convertible Car for sale in Cohoes, New York 12047
The 1967 Corvette is considered the most-loved Corvette ever produced. The combination of classic C2 styling, along with an incredible array of powertrain and comfort options, makes it one of the most desirable Corvettes ever. Not bad for a car that was never supposed to be made!
The ZR-1's production run from 1990-95 was one of the most exciting times for Corvette enthusiasts in recent memory. In the mid-1980s, rumors of a "King of the Hill" Corvette began to leak out of Detroit and into America's speed shops and dealerships.
Classic Car Overview
This rendition of a 1958 Corvette is so packed with custom modifications it’s impossible to notice them all. Yes, it has a custom square tube chassis with polished C4 Corvette suspension, but that’s just the start. The highlights are listed below.
1. In an era where LS based engines are the go to power plant, we decided to go iconic Corvette and power this car with the legendary ZR1 engine. Designed by Lotus and assembled by Mercury Marine’s MerCruiser division, this 4 overhead cam, 4 valves per cylinder, all aluminum engine is the ultimate in high revving performance. We worked with Holley to upgrade this exotic aluminum V8 with modern HP EFI technology. A custom “36-1” crank trigger wheel was used with a hall-effect crank sensor.This coupled with the stock 1X cam sensor allowed us to use eight individual ignition coils for maximum spark efficiency using sequential ignition. This is most likely of the first, perhaps the only, LT5 engines to use stand-alone self tuning engine management.
2. The engine, mated to a TCI 6 speed, push button controlled automatic transmission, creates the ultimate “stomp and steer” combination. The driver can cruise along in traffic without distraction of clutch and shift, or stuff their foot to the floor and listen to that exotic engine as it makes its power beyond the 7500 rpm range. (Paddle shifter can be added easily)
3. Reliable C4 Corvette suspension, all of which has been polished for underbody aesthetics.The front end uses poly bushings and high strength stainless hardware as well as adjustable coil-over mounts and hydro-boost braking system. The rear, a narrowed C4 suspension, was used along with tubular links and heim joints.4. The body is finished in Porsche Guards Red. It was wet sandedbetween color coats and between clear coats. This enhances the depth of finish, unlike most others.
1. Perhaps the most noticeable is the frameless windshield.The bulky, upright look of the stock windshield frame was abandoned in favor of the swept back look. This was achieved by dropping the back corners of the windshield about 3 inches. The doors carry no side glass in order to create a true roadster Corvette.
2. A custom stainless steel mesh was fabricated to enhance the timeless “toothy”grill.
3. The standard mid quarter panel mounted taillights were filled and smoothed in favor of flush mounted LED taillights. Hidden under the finish these lights are only seen when the headlights, brakes, or turn signals are activated. Otherwise they're undetectable.
4. The bulky overstated rear bumpers were lost in favor of 57 Corvette front bumpers which were pie wedge cut, with ends cut and tucked, and crimped inward to fit the ends of each quarter panel. This allows the eye to be drawn to the beautiful body lines of this car undistracted by the stock bumpers and taillights.
5. The shaved door handles and fuel filler door add to the overall free flowing stock body lines.
6. Custom designed leather interior including dash, console, enhanced door panels, seats, storage and trunk areas.
7. State of the art sound system.
This car was displayed at the SEMA show in Las Vegas in 2018.
Classic Car ID101301457
CategoryHot Rods & Customs
Transmission6 Speed Automatic
Custom ColorPorsche Guards Red
Classic Car Buyer's Tools
Immediately receive a quote to get your new classic car delivered right to your driveway from Autotrader’s trusted Classic Transport Partner ShipYourCarNow. Click Now!
JJ BEST BANC & CO, the leader in classic and collector car financing. Long terms, low rates, quick and easy approvals. J.J. Best offers financing for classic and collector vehicles from antique to modern. Let us help you drive your dream car today! Click or call 1-800-872-1965 to apply now! Click here
For the latest and most reliable Classic and Collectible Car prices, values, production numbers and local car clubs, always trust NADAguides.com. Get more info
Considering buying a new classic? Get a quote before you buy. Agreed value, lowest rates. Go with Grundy Insurance, www.Grundy.com or 888-647-8636 Get Quotes Now