1957 Ford Thunderbird
Convertible Car for sale in Irving, Texas 75061
Irving, TX 75061
From around 1956 until the mid 1980s, Dodge, Plymouth and even Chrysler squads were the most ubiquitous police cars in North America. In fact, the biggest department, the NYPD, used Plymouth and Dodge squads almost exclusively until the rear-drive M body car was finally axed in 1989.
The no-frills Savoy two-door sedan was home to another engine of considerable repute, the infamous 413 Max Wedge, a Super Stock monster block Chrysler introduced in the spring of 1962.
Classic Car Overview
1957 Ford Thunderbird Convertible 292 V-8
Original parts throughout, save practical updates, like battery and hoses. The original Shop Manual, that came with the car back in the day. This car has an original odometer of 46,320. A registered show car, so minimal run around. The body is clean, top, bottom, and under the hood. Has been used in parades to carry those who want to be seen. Owned by a single family since original purchase, also rare.
Original hard top, and a flex convertible top for quick cover up. Electric windows, original wheels - a high value alone. Can reach beyond the speedometer.
Pristine show car, so make your friends jealous.
Happy to answer questions.
- Ford Thunderbird Convertible 292 V-8 (man. 3) , model year 1957, version for North America U.S. (up to December)
- 2-door roadster body type
- RWD (rear-wheel drive), manual 3-speed gearbox
- gasoline (petrol) engine with displacement: 4778 cm3 / 291.6 cui, advertised power: 153.5 kW / 206 hp / 209 PS ( SAE gross ), torque: 403 Nm / 297 lb-ft
- characteristic dimensions: outside length: 4608 mm / 181.4 in, width: 1811 mm / 71.3 in, wheelbase: 2591 mm / 102 in
- reference weights: shipping weight 1422 kg / 3134 lbs estimated curb weight: 1500 kg / 3310 lbs
- how fast is this car ? top speed: 178 km/h (111 mph) (©theoretical);
- accelerations: 0- 60 mph 9© s; 0- 100 km/h 9.5© s (simulation ©automobile-catalog.com); 1/4 mile drag time (402 m) 17© s (simulation ©automobile-catalog.com)
- fuel consumption and mileage: average estimated by a-c©: 17.5 l/100km / 16.2 mpg (imp.) / 13.5 mpg (U.S.) / 5.7 km/l
Classic Car ID101126169
Transmission3 Speed Automatic
Classic Car Buyer's Tools
Immediately receive a quote to get your new classic car delivered right to your driveway from Autotrader’s trusted Classic Transport Partner ShipYourCarNow. Click Now!
JJ BEST BANC & CO, the leader in classic and collector car financing. Long terms, low rates, quick and easy approvals. J.J. Best offers financing for classic and collector vehicles from antique to modern. Let us help you drive your dream car today! Click or call 1-800-872-1965 to apply now! Click here
For the latest and most reliable Classic and Collectible Car prices, values, production numbers and local car clubs, always trust NADAguides.com. Get more info
As the inventors of Agreed Value coverage, we understand the special nature of protecting a collectible vehicle. Every policy offers Agreed Value, Unlimited Mileage, No Deductible, Towing and Labor, Spare Parts Coverage and the flexibility of using the Repair Shop of Your Choice. Whether insuring a priceless historical vehicle or a weekend cruiser, no one knows more about insuring collector cars then Grundy. www.Grundy.com or 888-647-8636 Get Quotes Now