1957 Ford F100 2WD Regular Cab
The Dodge Li'l Red Express set a standard on how to make a great performance truck. All Dodge Li'l Red Express trucks came from the factory painted in Bright Canyon Red in 1978 and Medium Canyon Red in 1979. Every Li'l Red Express was a regular cab Adventurer with a stepside bed.
Classic vintage Chevrolet pickup trucks are receiving growing interest among car enthusiasts. The most collectible muscle cars are numbers-matching survivors; the most sought-after vintage trucks are full custom builds.
Classic Car Overview
This is a rare double wraparound front and back window, styleside, short bed F-100 truck. The Ford Truck Historical Society says there were only 6,000 of these trucks made and less than an estimated 500 left in the world.
I purchased this truck from the original owner's son and I'm even including his entire collection of Ford Times micro-magazines (worth about $500) dating back from the month he bought the truck in October 1957.
This truck has always been garaged, it has no rust anywhere, and it still hosts the original body and frame with only 75,000 miles on it! The new engine has less than 1,500 miles on it.
Since purchasing the truck I have invested a lot of money and time. Here's what's been done:
* New two-tone show paint matching the original 1957 color swatch of Neptune Green and White
* Brand new TCI Super StreetFighter C6 Automatic Transmission
* Brand new handbuilt BluePrint Engines Ford 408 C.I.D. 450HP stroker base dressed crate engine (which includes):
* Handpicked, seasoned and precision machined block
* New cast steel crankshaft
* I-beam connecting rods
* Hypereutectic pistons
* Moly rings
* High-volume oil pump
* Heavy-duty double roller timing set
* Hydraulic roller camshaft
* Performance aluminum cylinder heads
* Swirl polished intake and exhaust valves
* Aluminum intake manifold
* Holly Carburetion
* MSD Pro-Billet Distributor
* Proform Ford Racing Licensed Aluminum Valve Covers
* Tuff Stuff Performance Power Steering Pump
* Taylor Street Series Full Metal Jacket Ignition Wire Sets
* Summit Racing SFI-Approved Flexplates
* Summit Racing Bracket Racer SFI Harmonic Dampers
* Summit Racing Aluminum Water Pumps
* Spectre Performance Steel-Flex Engine Hose Kits
* Scott Drake High-Performance Air Cleaner
* NGK V-Power Spark Plugs
* MSD Digital 6AL Ignition Controller
* Derale Heavy-Duty Electric Fan
* Continental Elite Poly-V Belts
* BBK Underdrive Pulley Kits
* B&M Holeshot Torque Converters
* TCI Transmission Coolers
* Summit Racing A/C Eliminator and Pulley Kit Pro Packs
* March Performance Ford Windsor Chrome Serpentine Kit
* New oil pan
* New timing cover and timing set.
* New dual Flowmasters/Super 40 Series (turns heads and ears everywhere)
* Hooker Competition Headers
* Painted engine compartment
* Breaks have been recently bled
* New tires and wheels
* New internal gauges (oil, water temp, battery)
* All electrical works (lights, blinkers, etc)
What it needs to be an award-winning legitimate show truck:
* Original AM tube radio is almost working needs a little love (tubes heat and pop)
* A white headliner (currently open)
* New mirrors and better window cranks (they work but are original)
* Speedometer works but needs some love.
* Some new interior floor carpet would be slick.
Ultimately, I have three young children and don't have the time to invest now. It's just the wrong season of life. A perfect truck for a collector looking to turn heads, invest into the cosmetics and make it their own without having to deal with the hundreds of hours I endured getting the engine and transmission to tip-top performance.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Classic Car ID101041233
ConditionBeautiful and slick but still room for improvement
Custom ColorTwo-Tone White & Neptune Green
Classic Car Buyer's Tools
JJ BEST BANC & CO, the leader in classic and collector car financing. Long terms, low rates, quick and easy approvals. J.J. Best offers financing for classic and collector vehicles from antique to modern. Let us help you drive your dream car today! Click or call 1-800-872-1965 to apply now! Click here
For the latest and most reliable Classic and Collectible Car prices, values, production numbers and local car clubs, always trust NADAguides.com. Get more info