1956 Mercury Monterey
Car for sale by Sparky's Machines in Loganville, Georgia 30052
From around 1956 until the mid 1980s, Dodge, Plymouth and even Chrysler squads were the most ubiquitous police cars in North America. In fact, the biggest department, the NYPD, used Plymouth and Dodge squads almost exclusively until the rear-drive M body car was finally axed in 1989.
The no-frills Savoy two-door sedan was home to another engine of considerable repute, the infamous 413 Max Wedge, a Super Stock monster block Chrysler introduced in the spring of 1962.
Classic Car Overview
This vehicle, when sold at the listed price, will include a guarantee and free shipping within the Continental United States.
This is a beautifully restored 1956 Mercury Monterey. It has been restored a few years but driven very little since completion. As you look through the pictures, you’ll notice the thorough attention to detail. This is truly a magnificent classic Mercury.
· Rebuilt 312 V-8 engine
· Rebuilt automatic transmission
· Rebuilt stock rear end
· Drivetrain is believed to be original
· Power steering
· Detailed engine compartment
· New Champion aluminum radiator
· Insulated hood
· Gorgeous red and white interior
· Door panels, seats, headliner and carpet have all been replaced
· Dash and interior trim has been painted
· New gauges installed
· Factory AM radio and clock (not working)
· Driven less than 1,300 miles since completion
· All interior and exterior chrome and trim has been replaced or refurbished to mint condition
· Exterior two-toned finish is phenomenal
· Glass has been replaced
· Trim is like new
· Original hubcaps in excellent condition
· New window felts and weatherstrips
· P215/75R15 Coker Classic Wide White radial tires
· Upholstered trunk space to match the interior
· Carpet floor
· Spare tire, cover and matching hubcap
· Detailed undercarriage
· New fuel tank
· New dual exhaust with glass packs
You will find this car to be even nicer in person than in the pictures. It runs and drives so good you’ll forget you’re in a 1956! For more information please contact Steve at 770-401-7877 or at email@example.com
Classic Car ID101094357
Classic Car Buyer's Tools
Immediately receive a quote to get your new classic car delivered right to your driveway from Autotrader’s trusted Classic Transport Partner ShipYourCarNow. Click Now!
JJ BEST BANC & CO, the leader in classic and collector car financing. Long terms, low rates, quick and easy approvals. J.J. Best offers financing for classic and collector vehicles from antique to modern. Let us help you drive your dream car today! Click or call 1-800-872-1965 to apply now! Click here
For the latest and most reliable Classic and Collectible Car prices, values, production numbers and local car clubs, always trust NADAguides.com. Get more info
As the inventors of Agreed Value coverage, we understand the special nature of protecting a collectible vehicle. Every policy offers Agreed Value, Unlimited Mileage, No Deductible, Towing and Labor, Spare Parts Coverage and the flexibility of using the Repair Shop of Your Choice. Whether insuring a priceless historical vehicle or a weekend cruiser, no one knows more about insuring collector cars then Grundy. www.Grundy.com or 888-647-8636 Get Quotes Now