1952 MG MG-TD
Convertible Car for sale by Motoring Investments in San Diego, California 92102
If you're a fan of vintage Japanese cars, be sure to check out Nissan's online heritage site. There are tons of vintage Nissan pics and specs going all the way back to the 1920s. Each featured car or truck has relevant specs and a little "detail" tab that gives some background on that specific car.
The Volkswagen Kombi van reached iconic status, with even a school lunch box fashioned in its image. During those early years, the Volkswagen Microbus morphed into various forms. From a cargo carrier with no windows behind the driver's seat to a windowed passenger van with three rows of seats, the possibilities seemed endless.
Classic Car Overview
- Our client has over $80k invested - offers on inspection considered.
- This TD was purchased by a Mr. M of Coronado, CA in 2008 from
Mr. Robert E. Brice of San Diego. The old California pink slip is still
with the documentation and indicates Mr. Brice titled the car on
02/22/1974. As there is no “*” year on the pink slip, it appears the
car has been in California its entire life.
- Numbers - Commission: DRF 61503; Engine ZPAG/TD2/LHX10924; Chassis 10430; Gearbox 15272; built on September 20, 1951 as a U.S. model-year 1952.
- The car retains one of its California black plates, matching the number on the old title, but is currently registered to modern plates. Presumably, if a second black plate materialized, the pair could be registered in California with the old number.
- Car had a complete frame-off restoration by David Zumstein of Abingdon West, Ltd. The restoration receipts alone total $63,000.
M’s widow related that sadly, he never drove the car after
its restoration. We received it with 8 miles,
all believed to be restorer run-in and test miles. In the course of
adjustments, running-in, and video production, the odometer is up to 101
miles. (We drive it on nice days for maintenance so expect this to be
- The drum brakes work fine; she has a firm pedal and stops true.
- The mild patina on the one slender dash-surround bright-work suggests it is original and unrestored.
- Stock TD wheels wear Nexen SB – 802 155/80 15 tires.
- Our shop manager, who grew up in a British car shop says he had not seen a restoration to this level on a TD previously.
- Weather equipment includes soft top and side curtains shown in the photos
Classic Car ID101212868
Transmission4 Speed Manual
Classic Car Buyer's Tools
Immediately receive a quote to get your new classic car delivered right to your driveway from Autotrader’s trusted Classic Transport Partner ShipYourCarNow. Click Now!
JJ BEST BANC & CO, the leader in classic and collector car financing. Long terms, low rates, quick and easy approvals. J.J. Best offers financing for classic and collector vehicles from antique to modern. Let us help you drive your dream car today! Click or call 1-800-872-1965 to apply now! Click here
For the latest and most reliable Classic and Collectible Car prices, values, production numbers and local car clubs, always trust NADAguides.com. Get more info
Considering buying a new classic? Get a quote before you buy. Agreed value, lowest rates. Go with Grundy Insurance, www.Grundy.com or 888-647-8636 Get Quotes Now