1951 Ford Custom
From around 1956 until the mid 1980s, Dodge, Plymouth and even Chrysler squads were the most ubiquitous police cars in North America. In fact, the biggest department, the NYPD, used Plymouth and Dodge squads almost exclusively until the rear-drive M body car was finally axed in 1989.
The no-frills Savoy two-door sedan was home to another engine of considerable repute, the infamous 413 Max Wedge, a Super Stock monster block Chrysler introduced in the spring of 1962.
Classic Car Overview
This 1951 Custom Ford Country Squire 2 Door Station Wagon (Stock # F13290) is available in our Fairfield, CA showroom and any inquiries may be directed to us at 707-419-8200 or by email at Sales@SpecialtySales.com.Amazing 1951 Custom Ford Country Squire Station Wagon
New to our Fairfield showroom is this simply amazing 1951 Custom Ford Country Squire 2 Door Station Wagon with black exterior paint, custom hand-bent wooden side paneling and a fully customized black leather interior. Under the hood you’ll find a 2001 GM 5.7L LS-1 V-8 engine with a Vortech supercharger and a modified GM 4L60-E automatic transmission; just take a look at the partial build sheet below-
- 2001 GM LS1 engine with Vortech supercharger
- Dyno tuned 470 horse power/ 450 ft lbs of torque
- GM 4L60-E, 800 HP rated drag automatic transmission
- Modular 9 inch Ford rear end
- QA1 Coilovers suspension
- Wilwood racing brakes (hydroboost)
- Chopped, lowered and shaved
- Lokar shifter, Power rack and pinion steering
- External water pump and radiator
- Stainless steel fuel tank with drag strip fuel pump
- Custom steamed and hand bent wormy maple wood panels
- McCloskey spar marine varnish, custom polished
- Brand new showroom paint job
- Custom one piece windshield
- Colorado Custom wheels
- Power door poppers, Power windows, Heating & AC
- Custom dash: hand built and painted console
- Incredible high end stereo system
- All black custom leather interior ### Underwent a Three Year, $275,000 Restoration The current owner of this 1951 Custom Ford Country Squire Station Wagon purchased it in 2008 and immediately started a three year, $275,000 restoration project where there was simply no limit to achieving perfection. From the LS1 racing engine to the completely custom interior to the hundreds of visual upgrades, there is certainly not another example in the world anywhere near this level of refinement. Additionally, all of the modern upgrades (power windows, the Lokar shifter, custom Maple dash, etc.) were made to look period correct, which means that there are endless discoveries to be had by the next owner.
In terms of performance, this 1951 Custom Ford Country Squire Station Wagon may actually drive better than many of the modern sedans on the highways today. The ride quality is truly second to none despite the excellent acceleration you’ll enjoy from the powerful LS-1 motor, and people certainly stop and stare as this one passes by. The custom wooden side panels along with the glossy black paint are absolutely breathtaking, as is virtually everything about this amazing ride.One of a Kind Showpiece in Excellent Condition
Overall, this 1951 Custom Ford Country Squire Station Wagon is one of the most amazing one-off builds that we’ve ever seen and it would be equally at home at a museum, a regional car show or your local quarter mile track. Nothing about this description does this one a single ounce of justice because it is absolutely incredible; come see it yourself before it’s back in a private collection forever. For more information about this vehicle, visit our Fairfield, California showroom, give us a call at 707-419-8200, or email us at Sales@SpecialtySales.com. Be sure to mention Stock # F13290 as well.
Legal Disclosures: Specialty Sales Classics has advertised and sold thousands of classic cars since our founding in 1978. We strongly encourage any and all buyers who are unable to view the vehicle in-person to perform a pre-purchase Inspection (by an independent party of their choosing) prior to the purchase. Given the age of many of our vehicles, it is extremely difficult to adequately describe all aspects of each vehicle's condition in the limited space available here and we have learned that these pre-purchase Inspections are helpful to all parties involved.
The information for this vehicle was provided by the current owner and it is not certified by Specialty Sales Classics. Therefore, it is in no way guaranteed as a basis of purchase. Any statements such as “original” or “numbers-matching” should be verified independently by the buyer prior to purchase.
Classic Car ID100978870
Classic Car Buyer's Tools
Get THE LOWEST MONTHLY PAYMENTS! We are a nationwide collector car finance company with over a decade of experience serving our clients. Give us a call today at (800) 717-5180 Apply now
For the latest and most reliable Classic and Collectible Car prices, values, production numbers and local car clubs, always trust NADAguides.com. Get more info