1948 Ford F4
Truck Car for sale by Carvici LLC in Edina, Minnesota 55439
The Dodge Li'l Red Express set a standard on how to make a great performance truck. All Dodge Li'l Red Express trucks came from the factory painted in Bright Canyon Red in 1978 and Medium Canyon Red in 1979. Every Li'l Red Express was a regular cab Adventurer with a stepside bed.
Classic vintage Chevrolet pickup trucks are receiving growing interest among car enthusiasts. The most collectible muscle cars are numbers-matching survivors; the most sought-after vintage trucks are full custom builds.
Classic Car Overview
Built Ford Tough! Bessie has the heart of the Midwest in her and she doesn't plan to retire anytime soon. She's worked all of her life tirelessly. Final restoration was completed in June 2020. The entire restoration was done respectfully and maintains the spirit of authenticity of the Ford F4. It's a rare and unique truck with careful attention to keeping Bessie going for a hundred years.
Here are some notable highlights:
1. 1948 Ford F4 1 Ton Dually Dump Truck
2. The best and rarest of the 40's and 50's F series
3. Built 351 Windsor engine
4. Upgraded electronic emissions
5. Oversized aluminum radiator
6. Upgraded headers
7. Electronic cooling fan
8. Holley 650 carburetor
9. Dual exhaust glass pack mufflers w/ dump tail pipes
10. OE Rims 7.00 - 18 Specialty Tires of America
11. Owners manual
12. Original: turn signals, all glass, transmission shifter and clutch with a C4 automatic, weather stripping (good), door handles, window cranks, sunvisor, grill, bumpers, emblems, badges, and more.
13. Full interior restoration - respectfully done. Re-upholstered bench seats to match character of Bessie.
14. Strong frame - excellent condition with undercoating
15. Natural patina (not artificial or induced)
16. Updates / New: wiring, headlights, gauges, rear lights
17. Trailer hitch Ford 9 inch rear end
18. Custom dump box, heavy duty master welds, w/ wood bed floor
Why did Bessie win the St. Croix Chateau End of Summer car show? How did Bessie beat 180+ entered vehicles in the competition?
Bessie won because she was true to herself. She was tastefully and carefully restored without changing her spirit and nature. Only upgrades and fixes were made to places that were absolutely needed. She is a perfect blend of original and modern. Her patina finish is real - not artificially induced. It took over 72 years to create that original paint finish.
The Ford F1, F2, and F3 were very common Ford trucks in the days but the F4 was the rarest and the biggest. The dually drive and custom dump box makes Bessie rare and very special. She is certainly 1 of 1 of the perfect mix of old and new.
Bessie was a true Midwest barn find. She lived a hard working life hauling corn, sod, and corn. Her soul runs deep in the Midwest through and through.
Classic Car ID101381941
Classic Car Buyer's Tools
Immediately receive a quote to get your new classic car delivered right to your driveway from Autotrader’s trusted Classic Transport Partner ShipYourCarNow. Click Now!
Get THE LOWEST MONTHLY PAYMENTS! We are a nationwide collector car finance company with over a decade of experience serving our clients. Give us a call today at (800) 717-5180 Apply now
For the latest and most reliable Classic and Collectible Car prices, values, production numbers and local car clubs, always trust NADAguides.com. Get more info
Considering buying a new classic? Get a quote before you buy. Agreed value, lowest rates. Go with Grundy Insurance, www.Grundy.com or 888-647-8636 Get Quotes Now