1947 chevrolet Fleetmaster
From around 1956 until the mid 1980s, Dodge, Plymouth and even Chrysler squads were the most ubiquitous police cars in North America. In fact, the biggest department, the NYPD, used Plymouth and Dodge squads almost exclusively until the rear-drive M body car was finally axed in 1989.
The no-frills Savoy two-door sedan was home to another engine of considerable repute, the infamous 413 Max Wedge, a Super Stock monster block Chrysler introduced in the spring of 1962.
Classic Car Overview
$65,000 - $75,000
- 5.7-liter fuel-injected LT1 V-8 engine out of a 1993 Camaro
- 700R4 automatic transmission with LOKAR floor shifter
- Rear axle from a 1998 Mustang Cobra
- Shorty headers and a dual Flowmaster exhaust
- Adjustable front suspension; power steering and brakes
- Staggered black rally wheels with beauty rings and baby-moon styled hub caps
- Interior features Classic Instruments gauges, aftermarket JVC radio, and Vintage Air
Check back soon for complete catalogue description.
To view this car and others currently consigned to this auction, please visit the RM website at rmsothebys.com/en/auctions/AF18.
Classic Car ID101018742
Classic Car Buyer's Tools
Get THE LOWEST MONTHLY PAYMENTS! We are a nationwide collector car finance company with over a decade of experience serving our clients. Give us a call today at (800) 717-5180 Apply now
For the latest and most reliable Classic and Collectible Car prices, values, production numbers and local car clubs, always trust NADAguides.com. Get more info